Guy keeps trying to sell KOs as originals over and over and over

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Might Gaine, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Guy takes down his KO auctions--is clearly a good dude :) 

eBay Seller: usmcloady: Toys Hobbies, eBay Motors items on eBay.com

This is the second time this guy tried to sell his counterfeit minibots and cassettes as originals. Last time Ebay took his auctions down. Hopefully they'll do the same this time, but if not, I just wanted to give people a head's up. Unfortunately, someone already bought his counterfeit Cosmos for $70.

2. Refused

Refused No brain, No pain

Ebay:
    Outback is a KO too?

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks for the heads up, guy!

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'll take his Sunstreaker, KO or no.

5. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I love how he has in the auction description for the cassettes "Also please do not bash me in public forums because you think these are either real or not real."

6. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    As far as I know there hasn't been a Sunstreaker KO. I think this is a case of a mixed lot of real and not-real or he just didn't know he had KOs.

I'm leaning towards a mixed lot, why else put the "don't bash me..." statment on his auction? He probably hopes that mixing KOs with the real things will justify all of the toys as real.

Has anyone notified ebay of this?

7. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Yes, it has the centered holepunch.

8. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    That's pretty funny that he put in the "don't bash me" statement. No one is bashing him. I'm just pointing out that he's selling fakes as originals.

Anyway, the minibots and cassettes are fakes. The rest are real.

Yep. But additional notifications to Ebay would probably get these taken down faster. There's a "report" link near the bottom of the auction.

9. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Thanks for this. Sellers who do these sorts of things really, really make me angry and I have no problem reporting.

If it helps to have these taken down, when you click on the "report" link you can list multiple item numbers. Here are the Mini-bots and Cassette auction listings:

280254383603, 280254316352, 280254317183, 280254315872, 280254311474, 280254310974, 280254310243, 280254310670, 280254400917

10. Usmcloady

Usmcloady Well-Known Member

Ok eveyone here i am. I am "the guy selling KOs on ebay". I really am the guy selling a large collection of TFs that I bought from an avid collector on ebay a few months ago. I talked to the gentleman on the phone for over an hour before I sent him the payment for the auction. He said he had most of the items from when he was a kid. Most of the big boxed items were opened, as well as alot of carded items. He said he used to get so many that he never opend them all. Hence some are still sealed. He also said he bought warpath, powerglide, and cosmos at a flea market about 3 years ago and had no reason to believe they are fakes or KOs. The reason I put no bashing on my ebay auctions is because I talked to someone who bought some other items from me and said he saw people talking smack about me on here. So I checked out the thread, but left it at that. I would not do that to someone and in return expect the same courtesy back. But I knew when I relisted the rest of the collection some people would be on here again talking. That is why I asked that anyone with concerns please address them to me. I recently started collecting TFs after watching the new movie that came out last year and wanted to relive my youth in a way. I enjoy collecting these as much as you all do. I do not however collect carded TFs (except constructicons) or opened TFs. Only MISB or AFA boxed. As for telling the difference between real or KO, I was told by a gentleman that I sold some TFs to over the phone that all the TFs I had were genuine. But as per Ebays rules I cannot list them as such unless they are Graded, identifying them as the real deal. That is why I have to list them "as is". If I knew for sure, hell I'd have them all graded and turn around and flip them, as I do not collect carded TFs. But unfortunately I do not have the $$ to have them all graded. I am going to have a few, namely the constructicons but that is it. So anyone that would like to address any concerns, opinions and what not may do so now.

11. Usmcloady

Just so every one knows I just removed Bumblebee and lazerbeak/frenzy because of an ebay email from me_grimlock_me_king!!! telling me how to identify those two as fakes. After looking at those two items with his guidance I decided to remove them. I have delt with him before and he seems fairly knowledgable on the TFs. So to him, if you are on these boards, Thank you for helping me out. I am in no way wanting to rip anyone off, I just want to make back some of my $$ to use else where, like anyone else would want to do.

12. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Hello,

I just wanted to personally address you, and let you know that Cliffjumper, Outback, Brawn, Powerglide, Beachcomber, Warpath & Frenzy/Laserbeak are fakes.

Thanks - DL2W

13. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    I admire your honesty, but if you had an idea that some of these were fake and you knew about this site - why not ask for help rather than go through this whole situation again? Why list every toy as genuine when you had some idea that they may not all be?

You're doing the right thing by addressing this and taking down some of the auctions - but you shouldn't have put yourself in this position (again) to begin with. Best of luck on the toys you're selling, you do have some nice, original figures there.

14. Usmcloady

DLTWalk,
    How do you know they are fakes? How can I tell? I was told by a gentleman over the phone, who I will not name b/c I appreciate his help in identifying them and do not want to give him a bad rep. if he is on here, that on the front if they have both dots by the age (ex. AGES: 5 & UP), if they have the 1984 Hasbro Inc., and if they have Manufactured by Takara Co. Ltd, Tokyo I could be assured they are the real thing. All of these have those markings.

15. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Wait, didn't another guy do this before? Wasn't he the guy who gave out his address and offered to "transform people's faces"?

16. Usmcloady

bfarneth,
    To answer your question, I did not want to get on here and just have people bash me anymore than they already did. Kinda like adding fuel to a fire that was already going via the previous posts a few weeks ago. I still had no idea that some of these may be fakes, until today when I removed bumblebee and one of the cassette cards. Ebay told me I could not list everyone a genuine, that is why I put them sold "as is". I they are real than someone is getting a deal, if not than I may just eventually AFA them in a few months when I have more $$ and then sell them as Real or KO. Whatever AFA deems appropriate. I have seen KO graded cassettes selling on an online site for $199 alone. I did not ask for help on here because (and I guess it was wrong to assume) i thought everyone already had their minds made up on here about me as a seller and would not offer help. Only more insults. I guess I was wrong. So once again I appreciate anyone's help and any comments or concerns they may have.
    SK

17. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    This is a serious question that there is no answer for. Someone answer it anyway.

Why is it that whenever Might Gaine or someone else calls someone out for doing this, they sign up the SAME DAY to defend their practices? It's almost like they're keeping an eye out just in case...

Not trying to offend anyone there. I'm just pointing out how weird it is.

18. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Yeah,

but he was in california:lol 

19. Usmcloady

Soundblaster1,
    I did sign up today so I can set everything straight from my end and hopefully gain an education and some friends in the process. As far as this happening in the past I cannot vouch for b/c I was only on here one other time after a buyer tipped me offer to the website and the thread about me. I relize I cannot make everyone happy in the world, b/c everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I can learn from my mistakes, and if I have people willing to educate me on the types of TFs and KO than I am willing to listen and learn.

20. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Awww. I thought this was gonna be Dennis' facial transformation powered revenge.