Gutcruncher ideas

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by underwear-ninja, Oct 25, 2008.

1. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Hi folks. While I'm slowly working on a big fan-character project (anyone who's been talking to me in the past month or two knows the one) I decided to brush up (hur hur, see what I did there?) on my painting skills by doing a modern take on the Action Master, Gut Cruncher. I also have a few Cyb and Energon Wheeljack heads I keep spare- so I have the head already figured out

I have a few ideas on which figure to use as a base, and a few ideas of what to use as a minicon for the Sonic Attack Jet (I have some minicon ports I hacked off from another project) Here's a list of the figures, with my pros and cons

Cybertron Defense Hotshot
    Pros- plenty of minicon ports already, plenty of paint options for both modes, shoulder cannon
    Cons- sort of a brick in bot mode, rather "busy" figure means alot of hard spots to paint, not quite a tank

Deluxe Classics Megatron
    Pros- pretty posable, already green, shoulder cannon easy to mod
    Cons- that stupid arm gimmick D:< grrr, that'd have to go

Armada Demolishor
    Pros- minicon ports already there, unique vehicle mode, sorta has shoulder cannons already
    Cons- sorta weak bot mode

These are just my own ideas. If anyone else has some suggestions, please contribute! I'm always looking for input on my new porjects. :]

Attached Files:

2. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

what about movie brawl? Jin Saotome made a really awesome G2 megatron out of it, shoulder cannon and all, so it seems like it could work.

As far as CD Hotshot goes, i wouldnt worry that he isnt a tank. Since Gut cruncher was an action master, theres no saying what he actually turned into anyways.

3. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

True, about the Cybertron Defense Hotshot thing. I considered Brawl, but well... I already used him for spare parts :b I use them for almost all my spare parts- since he's sorta broken by default (I'm too lazy to bother fixing the shoulders) they're a great source for things like gears and guns and joints.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I like CDF Hot Shot too. It's true, it's almost certain G1 Gutcrucher would have been a tank (the shoulder cannon and treads on his legs are a dead giveaway), but hell, things change. I'm sure he wouldn't object to a more manoeuvrable alt mode.