Heavy/Scratch: Gunslinger Sparks

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ramrider, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I got my Sparks figure through last week, but it took me a while to get round to finishing his paintjob. Still, here he is!

He was painted pretty simply with Inscribe Raven (black) and Pure Silver, with Hollyberry (red) face and detailing, and Golden Yellow to pick out the eyes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rear view, here showing off his new peg handle. This one's a bit like the normal 5mm dia handle all the Gunslingers come with, but the end of the peg is only 4mm diameter, so it can be plugged into either size hole.

[​IMG]

Here he is hanging with his homies, Backlash and Mayhem...

[​IMG]

Gun mode now, as wielded by my chosen partner for him...

[​IMG]

...and mounted in vehicle mode too.

[​IMG]

But if you want to give him to smaller dude with smaller hands... well, you can do that too...

[​IMG]

...and that works in vehicle mode as well.

[​IMG]

He also comes with a standard 5mm peg (Minicon post-style), and the combo handle with the 3mm clip, so you can choose whichever handle suits the figure you want to partner him with.

If you'd like a Sparks kit of your very own, he's available now from my Shapeways store! :D 

[EDIT]

I forgot to mention, I've actually released Sparks in the acrylic Detail materials, as well as the usual nylon WSF plastics. While they're a little more fragile, meaning you need to be a bit more stringent with your pre-assembly cleaning, they don't have the "grainy" texture of the WSF.
    I would recommend, though, that if you do purchase Detail materials and want to paint them, that you leave plenty of time for your paint and sealant to cure to minimise risk of paint wear.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  2. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

I just placed a "test" order from shapeways, once I see how it goes I'll consider ordering more of your targetmasters.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I heart Ramrider and his customs.

4. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    nicely done dude. any plans on making "Gunslinger" versions of Megatron, Shockwave, or Sixshot? or perhaps a gatling gun of some sort?

5. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    A gattling Gun for Defender ala LSOTW would be cool.

6. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dammit ramrider i was planning on skipping you firebolt homage but this guy looks amazing

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Is that a test of Gunslingers specifically or Shapeways in general? I look forward to seeing what you do with them! :) 

Aww, and I heart you too. VIRTUAL HUGS FOR ALL! :D 

No plans for the above mechs at the mo, although I do have a Galvatron on the drawing board. And I do have the loosest idea of how to make a Gatling gun work, so hopefully that'll be somewhere along the line too.

Sorry... :redface2: 
    But thanks! ;) 

8. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    looks cool. Could you sand the grainy texture our of it?? for a smoother finish??

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Thanks. As I've said before, I find filling works better than sanding, and has a much lower risk of eliminating the detail of the model. As well as successive layers of paint and vanish, I've heard mention of superglue, epoxy spray, and even certain kinds of putty as being useful to fill the pores in the surface.