Guns/tailpipes don't snap in to car undersides?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BenjaminXavier, Nov 26, 2010.

1. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Specifically the new Red Alert, but also my old (Universe or classics) Silverstreak, the instructions show the guns snapping in underneath, but mine dont want to stay at all. On Red Alert it feels like his legs just don't snap together tight enough, but on SilverStreak I can't even figure out where its supposed to snap in... Anyone have ideas or pictures of SilverStreak's underside with the gun snapped in?

2. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look on the underside of the gun. There is a box-shaped hole. On the underside of the car there is a set of tabs that match it, the gun handle goes into the bigger spot behind the tabs and the "pipes" on the gun should be right under the license plate sitting flush in car mode.

3. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I got that part. They just dont stay at all.Pops right out. Is my Red Alert defective or is this a wide spread thing?

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    The gun on my Generations Red Alert figure clips on fine. You might want to check if there is any flash (plastic residue from where the part was attached to the sprue) is preventing the legs from closing flush.

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had a similar problem with my copy of Red Alert. I just held the rear of the car together as tightly as possible with one hand and then pushed the gun in place with the other hand. It took more force than I'd expected, but I did get it to stay eventually.