Gundam vs Transformers....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by qwerty, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I love TFs and I don't like Gundams too much, with that said, Gundams would easily win a fight with any transformer. Gundams are ridiculously overpowered, as pretty much everything in animes are.

2. teruo kaiba

teruo kaiba Made In Japan

Except they're not the same in every universe and if you watched other Gundam series, you would know.

It's become evident that your a Transformers fan, we get it, but atleast look at things a bit more objectively.

And now you leave off with a very "mature" post. Interesting how it's of the fashion of the very same whiney teens that you discredit in the Gundam franchise.

3. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a snarky thread. by even participating you lose the ability to credibly claim maturity.

This isn't about maturity, it's about having fun, either with you or at your expense.

Cheers, baby. And lighten up, it's a fanwank fight. :p 

4. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

Wow, this is still going on?

Well, I'll add my two bits based on this "millions of years of experience" thing everyone's clinging to. After the first few thousand years, there doesn't appear to be much more to experience. The only reason Transformers have more experience in war than humans is that they've lived longer, and been at war longer. Does that make them better at it? That's debatable, considering how often a millions-year-old super robot gets his ass handed to him by a group of spunky kids in the various series.

The pilots (there ARE more then just whiny emo kids) in Gundam have been fighting for years, depending on what series you follow. They're very good at what they do. Add another million years to their war and they'll still be equally as good; they'll just have been doing it longer. Seriously, Char Aznable pilots a freaking red Zaku for the first several episodes of Gundam. For those who don't know, Zakus are typically cannon fodder against Gundams. He succeeds because he knows how to fight. I doubt a million extra years under his belt are going to refine his skills THAT much more.

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

By Transformer standards, a Gundam veteran has considerably less experience than Wheelie or Bumblebee. Lifetimes less. See, that's the point: someone like Prime or Megatron was fighting a war before our species existed. I don't know why people think that you stop gaining experience at some magical point, unless it's the insiduous influence of RPGs. I was so annoyed in KotOR that I couldn't level up past level 20.

6. TehPaws

I have 23 years experience with breathing and existing. I don't feel much better at doing either than I did 20 years ago. 8D Must have stopped gaining XP at some point.

7. teruo kaiba

It's no question that TF's have far more combat experience and against some Gundam that are about equal in terms of weaponry, I'd say the TF would win.

However what I can't seem to understand is why people are so hung up on experience and discrediting weaponry. I mean, if we take Bay's movie as an example or any indication, the big bads were mostly killed by humans using weaponry FAR inferior to that of a Gundam. Conversly if we want to look at the animted part of the franchise only, I seem to recall a number of Cons and autobots getting captured by a lone human and his butler. Combat experience indeed.

8. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    as poweful as gundams are their still human piloted so I'd say just wait it out and they will run of of ammo/fuel/food/plot armour and then just punch them in the nuts

Also Unicron I'd say eating earth would just about make it game over... and how transformers are a few thousand in number

9. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you got annoyed in KOTOR by not being able to get past level 20, you fail as a nerd for not understanding the underlying system behind the game.

That aside, you're forgetting thatthe transformers were NOT fighting for "millions of years" in fact most of them were in stasis for millions of years or standing around playing mall security for millions of years. And yes, just gaining combat experience isn't going to make you any better. It's nice that you finally understood that there are combat veterans in the gundam universe unlike rhinox who just threw a tantrum and left, but you're still missing the part about the AI in the gundams just loaded with combat data(raw data basically being what's in a TF's head since they're a computer) assisting the pilot. And yes, in the gundam universe a young novice pilot does not stand a chance versus a veteran if they were both in the same gundam.

Also consider that transformers do not have millions of years of experience dealing with humans, who manage to confuse the hell out of them on a consistent basis in every continuity I've seen.

And if you REALLY want to try and tell me how much experience bumblebee has, I'll just point out the episode Prime Target. If the episode title doesn't ring a bell, it's the one where bumblebee is a dumbass and gets himself captured by a human(lord chumley I think his name was).

10. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    And then the gundam blasts unicron as he just gets into orbit to do something. And most TF's are useless.

11. HighPower

HighPower Member

One on one, Gundams win. Nevermind their power of PSYCHO PLOT, where paint schemes and how insane the pilot is literally makes a difference, but they're just plain BIGGER than your average Transformer.

World vs World, Transformers hands down. Sure the Gundams kick the shit out of Transformers when their numbers are equal... but the Transformers have at the very least hundreds of thousands of TFs to commit to the fray.

12. Optimus Sledge

Bay's characters are a bad example, being by far the most underpowered TFs I think we've ever seen. So maybe we need to specify which incarnations of characters we're referring to? Of course, this is still pointless because Gundams smell of wee.

What you have to remember is, you see a pair of pants with some cack in them? That's a Gundam, that is. That's every Gundam ever at their best, piloted by the best Gundam pilot ever.

13. teruo kaiba

Like I said, if we're going then by G1, one dude and his butler captured several Transformers....where's your millions of years experience now?

Sigh...and here I thought you might actually continue posting credible points to the debate without resorting to Gundams = suck... my mistake.

14. Optimus Sledge

Dude, we've made the relevant points. You think that Gundams possess more firepower. I suggest that the power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the knowledge of how to best use that power. Neither of us is going to shift. All that's left are crude jokes about exactly how much Gundams smell of wee.

15. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter whether characters from the Gundam series are "SUPAMEGAWSOMUHPOWUHED" or whatever else. The fact that the shows consist mainly of teenage angst and "My mech can beat up your mech" nonsense makes the entire question pointless. Trying to answer this topic is an exercise in pitting a skillfully and maturely written franchise (TFs) against the Japanese version of Christian Humber.
    Christian Humber Reloaded - Television Tropes & Idioms
    Sure, Gundam wins the fight, but that's because they're overpowered Gary Stus. The ability to make up a stronger character does not say anything about the quality of the character.

16. HighPower

HighPower Member

1167698206058.jpg

17. teruo kaiba

Fare enough. But then again, Transformers reek of Spike's wee....especially Bumblebee.

Why do I get the sense that you're only exposure to Gundam is similar to others in mainly consists of Wing, Seed and Seed Destiny at best? Char, Master Asia and a crap load of others would take offense to being called a whiney teen when the latter example is like 80 something years old? As for better written...that's debatable...

18. TehPaws

What? Are we talking about Transformers here? Which series?

19. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    Make up your mind then. Bumblebee in both G1 AND the Bay movie both got easily captured by humans. You're the one that mentioned bumblebee. Bumblebee was YOUR example of a transformer with millenia of combat experience, and in not 1 but 2 continuities he got himself punked.

And how is the power to destroy a planet insignificant? Even if you have a million years of combat under your belt, if you get blown up along with your city/planet/etc it's not going to make a difference.

"OMG GUNDAMS SUCK", yet you choose ignore fairly MAJOR parts of the transformer fiction(yes, bumblebee getting captured by an old man and a butler is a pretty damn major judge of his wit and skill), yet anything from the gundam fiction that would be a 1:1(or as close as possible comparison) you flatout ignore because you watched one show with a 14 year old in a giant robot(while ignoring the ongoing trend of the robot doing 99% of the work).

edit: And someone really tried to say transformers as a whole was more maturely written than gundam? LOL, dude, you've GOT to be high.

20. Optimus Sledge

Oh for the love of... You actually want to seriously argue this point? Could we not just save everyone's time by comparing penis size? :rolleyes: 

Fine. I doubt the techniques Chumley used came from the book of Decepticon tactics. Are billboard traps a normal part of Gundam combat? 'Cos that could well tip the balance in the Gundam's favour.