Gundam Vs Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by scourge25, Jul 16, 2007.

1. scourge25

scourge25 Banned

Which is better transformers better to me. Some people think they should make Gundam Movie because of transformers. What yal think?

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just as long as it's better than G-Saviour I'll be happy. XD

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think it's "y'all." You - all, y'all.

4. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Living robots > mindless suits of armor

5. Phallicron

Phallicron OUT OF THE WAY HOTROD

They need to fight eachother. That's the only way we can be sure.

6. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Story-wise, I'd have to pick Gundam, even though I've never been a fan of it. It just is better written than any of the Transformers series.
    However, I find Transformers more entertaining.
    That aside, I think a Gundam movie would be a really good idea if live-action movies based on anime's didn't almost always suck noodles.

7. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

Gundams are bigger (usually), but slower to react (usually). Transformers are natural fighters and more responsive.

Certainly collecting TFs is more "important" than buying Gundams, since gundams are usually always being made, while Transformers are made only for a limited time.

8. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Ditto for me.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tried watching Gundam (Wing or SEED or something) a couple of times and just couldn't get into it. Too much angst, whining and human-problems from the pilots and not enough mech combat; there was also this big, overarching geopolitical plot that didn't seem to be going anywhere and struck me as something I'd need to watch every Gundam series right from the beginning to understand. The TF shows, particularly Beast Wars, have managed to strike a good balance of action and characterization with a minimum of the "human drama" that I really don't care about. With the exception of G1 and parts of Armada, TF is also a lot better animated, IMO.

Having better writing than most TF series isn't exactly a grand accomplishment.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't quite understand the question but IMO a Gundam movie would rock. But it depends on the series. I would prefer if the movie designs are military-like setting like the One Year War or Zeta instead of Wing, with its "wings" etc.

Yeah, I don't blame you...being a Gundam fan, I can't stand Wing and even Seed to a certain extent. And the characters seems to gripe and whine alot. One flaw of the Gundam series is that it can get really overly complexed.

Slow? Dude, have you seen some or any of the Gundam shows? The mechas move extremely fast and fights can end in very fast. Slow = dead in fights! XD

This works either ways, IMO the average fan would still like some form of human element involved but yeah, I still prefer TFs because of the living robots concept.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yup, i hate stupid robot with pilots. robots should be sentient!

sentience is the right of all free robots.

12. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I like Gundam better cause it's more "mature" than most TF series (except movie.) But for something I just wanna check on for fun and not have to know anything about, then Transformers, good, mindless fun!

13. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

LigerPrime, I meant to say that Gundams are pilots in suit, thus they wouldn't be as fast to respond to things.

I'm sure I sound like an old bastard when I don't consider anything from Seed/Destiny to really be Gundams, which are like invincible, when I think of Gundams, I think of the UC universe, especially the ones from 08th MS Team, the real dogs of war.

Not the Destiny-Gundam-So-Perfect-You-Cant-Land-A-Hit-On Type Gundams you see in Destiny, which have incredibly warped (or anorexic) designs, that they're practically impossible to build, should we ever become that advanced to build such a Mobile suit, but that's another story.

14. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

I've nothing against the Gundams themselves, we cool, it's their really whiny, angsty and overly emo pilots that get on my nerves.

But I only know of the SEED universe, so I'm not sure if that applies to the other Gundam series'.

15. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

QFT.

I don't get Gundam. I never have and I probably never will... to me, it seemed like a bad overly-emo
    soap-opera with robots.

16. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Transformers > Gundam

I would also like to add that anything a person sits inside is not a suit.

17. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

Yes, please, I don't get the trend with the emo pilots or characters in general, sorry to digress, but I gotta get this off my chest. It all began with gundam wing, which was cool and what got me into Gundam in the first place, but it gets as repetitive as Michael Bay's "More than meets the eye" puns, especially after like 3 gundam series of emo pilots, with more and more exaggeration on how much "pain" they're in.

Gundam pilots are supposed to be scared shitless just like a soldier, and worried they could become a casualty too. And definitely not with a haircut that covers half their faces. Those Gundam pilots aren't soldiers, they're just emo kids in a Hallowe'en costume.

DilazirK, you should see any Gundam series that is pre-Gundam Wing, those series are ones with actual storylines and character development.

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    there are gundam movies. there are LOTS of gundam movies. there's a live action gundam movie (G Savior). its really bad and it's been disowned by sunrise and bandai.

oh, and judging Gundam based on the alternate universe series would be like judging all of transformers based on the armada catalog comics. judge the series based on the best it offers, not the worst. UC 4 life homiez.

Amazingly, animation in Gundam TV series has been on a rapid decline since the end of the 80's with occasional high points like Turn A (which is a REALLY REALLY HIGH POINT SO I USE CAPS). watch a gundam TV series that was produced in the late 80's or early 90's, and you'll be shocked at the quality. pop in damn near any gundam OAV and prepare to see animation that rivals anything in any era of transformers, regardless of when the OAV was made.

19. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

08th ms team kicks soooo much ass if you ignore the whole love story, but it doesnt occupy the bulk of the show.

when they finally get to that city and get their asses kicked by that GOUF, sticks a sword in one of em and oil is spewing everywhere, sooooooo awesome.

0080 is very 80's ish but still fun to watch, only like 5 or 6 episodes if i remember correct.

0083 has the best suits i think.

of course the original (0079) is a great show especially for its time, and the movie (char's counter attack ( i know its comes after z, and zz but ive never seen those)) is one of my favorite anime movies ever. Turn all the lights off and put it on surround sound. Its like youre floating in space actually watching it before your eyes.

all the others i could give or take

20. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    You're really gonna hate 00, then. One of the pilots is an emo kid in an emo kid costume.
    One would think so, but that's often not the case. MS piloted by plot-important people seem to react just as fast as a 50-foot-tall dude would. (Of course, MS piloted by unnamed grunts get their asses kicked faster than any Starfleet redshirt.)