gundam seed mecha question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ssjautobot, Apr 24, 2007.

1. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    could someone please help me out? i dont have enough time anymore to watch the entire series and want to figure this out. every gundam series has a most powerful "good gundam". like how wing zero is in gundam wing, and god gundam in g gundam.

whats the most powerful good gundam in the following SEED series...

Gundam SEED
    Gundam SEED ASTRAY
    Gundam SEED DESTINY
    Gundam SEED C.E. 73 STARGAZER

if someone could help me out, that would be great. THANKS!

2. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

3. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

In Seed it was Freedom, followed by Justice and Providence being the best of the bad guys' Gundams. In Destiny, it would be Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice against Destiny and Legend. I didn't finish Stargazer and never read/saw Astray, but for Astray I'd guess either Aegis or Sword Calamity since the main unit, the Astray, is a weak prototype. For Stargazer, the Strike Noir or the Destroy Gundam would be the strongest.

4. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    ive visited that site. it really doesnt answer my question very well

EDIT: was freedom gundam also known as strike freedom gundam?

5. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Freedom

Strike Freedom

And a quick search you coudl have done you could of found this.

6. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

If you mean the outright most powerful, then;
    Seed: Freedom, Justice and Providence
    Seed Destiny: Freedom before it gets owned, Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice, Destiny and Legend
    Stargazer: Mostly just powered up of exsisting versions, Strike Noir Blue Duel et al. and the Stargazer.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Astray doesn't really have an all-powerful hero suit, as the Astrays themselves are prototype suits that were developed parallel to the first batch of Gundams in SEED, and lack Phase Shift capability to boot. I guess they would have been pretty powerful at the beginning, since they had beam weaponry (prior to the creation and theft of the Gundams in SEED, both sides were still relying on conventional and laser weaponry, rather than plasma beam weapons), but once that tech was reverse-engineered, they got outclassed pretty quickly.

The Astrays get most of their "power" due to their ingenious pilots, who have developed all sorts of modifications and add-ons to their base suits to handle different environments and situations.

On the villain side, however, you've got the supremely evil-looking Gold Frame Astray, which in its final incarnation has the ability to leech energy from any mobile suit within its area-of-effect radius like some giant mechanical vampire, which is just brutal in a universe where the majority of suits are battery powered, shutting them down entirely in a matter of minutes (and even nuclear powered suits still function using a battery fed by the reactor, so while they won't totally shut down while being drained, their maximum output will certainly be hampered). Also having recovered a lost arm from SEED's Blitz Gundam, it gained Phase Shift and Mirage Colloid (invisibility cloak) capabilities. The only thing really holding it back is that it's very much a close-range superiority suit. It only possesses one beam gun and three Lancer Darts (explosive javelins, pretty much, fired from the shield on its right arm), while featuring all sorts of close and mid-range weaponry, from the bladed claw on its left arm, to spiked feet, its double swords and bladed shield edge, and the projectile spears on its wings.

As far as I know, the Gold Frame Astray has yet to be destroyed, but I don't think it has any active involvement in the current Astray series, either.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, the main "hero" suits in Astray aren't overly powerful. It's mostly Lowe's clever piloting and improvised upgrades that let him clinch a win. Honestly I prefer that to the overpowered suits of Destiny.

X Astray has a couple of interesting suits, though - the Hyperion Gundam has the same shield system as the battlebase Artemis from the beginning of SEED, which sucks up power like nobody's business but while it is active, nothing can scratch that suit. I've not read volume two of X Astray yet, so I can't comment on the other major new suit in that volume, the Dreadnought Gundam.

None of the suits in Stargazer seemed to be that powerful, though. They were all mostly older suits, which would have been totally outclassed anywhere else. Even the Stargazer itself wasn't all that, in fact it isn't even a combat model. It's a deep space exploration suit with an advanced AI and a special propulsion system.

9. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I too prefer our hero to do clever tricks (some times called tactics :D ), makes it look like someone is actually fighting in their 'mech as opposed to, point-aim-shooter- done, and let the machine take care of the rest.

10. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Dreadnought's a poor-man's Providence. It's the test suit for the DRAGOON system. It's essentially a GuAIZ body with a Gundam head, and a four-DRAGOON backpack add-on.

That's why I liked a lot of SEED's early fights, as Kira was capable of pulling all sorts of fancy maneuvers and clever tactics out of his ass like no-one's business. That, and his classy Armor Shneider finishers.

11. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Yeah, Kira actually piloting like a normal person rather than relying on beam spam was pretty good. Then Fukuda decided to make him all powerful and righteous, and suddenly I wanted to puke.

Anyway, if you're talking Astray, the Powered Red Frame has the most ridiculously huge sword ever, but I don't think it's the most powerful. The Blue Frame Second L was pretty good as well. Plus there are a number of Astray manga, not all of which have been released domestically, so there are newer suits that I'm not sure about. As for Stargazer, I'd go with the Strike Noir itself as being the most powerful. While it isn't as advanced as the Stargazer, the Stargazer's main purpose was not combat.

12. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Astray also probably has the most annoying/persistent suit to grace the SEED series in the form the ZGMF-X11A Regenerate Gundam, featuring the ability to eject damaged parts and replace them with parts supplied by a mothership (similar to the Impulse, but on a more localized level), allowing it an unprecedented amount of staying power. It's also massive, more than twice the height of the standard Gundam, second only to SEED Destiny's Destroy Gundams. It also features an ejectable cockpit that's designed to be able to attach and hack into any other Mobile Suit, allowing it to control other machines.

Apart from that, I'm not seeing anything particularly stand-out in the Astray mangas. MAHQ doesn't have any real information on the Testament/Divine Testament Gundam. Lists "Mirage Colloid virus spreader" as an armament, which I'm sure has some degree of potency, but I have no clue what the heck it does.

And if we're considering the Strike Noir "powerful", then Astray has the Astray Out Frame to offer up as well, being functionally compatible with every Striker, Silhouette, and Wizard pack in existence (well, maybe not every, as it can't equip Flyer units from the Chaos/Gaia/Abyss Impulse), giving it an unprecendented degree of versatility.

Strike Noir is only really powerful insofar is that it's versatile, essentially being equipped at all times with all three of the Strike Gundam's Striker packs, on a stripped-down level. It's not even nuclear powered, it's still running on the Variable Phase Shift system developed for the EA's second generation Gundams in SEED, and the classic OS.

For overall destructive capability in Stargazer, it's Verde Buster hands down, but that thing's a power hog.

13. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I'm not sure I'd go with the Verde Buster being the most powerful, but I think that's because I'm defining power differently. In terms of total offensive power, it does indeed beat out the Strike Noir. However, the Verde Buster has virtually no melee capabilities, which hinders its usefulness and overall effectiveness in combat. Thus, in terms of overall combat power, I'd go with the Noir just because it has good melee and good missile attacks. I do agree though that none of the suits in Stargazer are particularly powerful, especially since they're mostly just upgrades on the original GAT-X series.

14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    That's why I quantified it as "overall destructive capability", rather than simply "most powerful".

And the Verde Buster does have those folding razors on its hip guns, which have to count for something.

Noir isn't particularly powerful, in the sense that it has no ability to deal wide area damage. No high output cannons or anything on the sucker. It seems to be built more towards Mobile Suit combat superiority, where it can wreck things up pretty good on a one-to-one basis, but against heavier units or ships, it's got precious little ability. It does have Anti-Ship swords, but I think the general purpose of those is more to disable a ships offensive capabilities by hacking at their guns and crap, rather than taking them out outright.

Although, its funny. If you were to determine destructive ability by the amount of kills made, Nichol and the Blitz Gundam win for SEED. Athrun and Kira kinda rule themselves out, since they're usually occupied with each other, so they're not doing any damage to anything else. And then of course, when Kira gets the Freedom, he's in his righteous "nothing's going to die by my hands" mode, so while he takes out a ridiculous amount of suits, there's no outright destructions. Just disables. Duel's useless for dishing out the heavy damage. Dearka in the Buster get a good number of ship kills (piercing shot down the middle of the warship FTW!), but not a lot of others. Nichol racks up a ton of kills, taking out a ton of Mobius units early on, the collateral damage he piled up at Artemis, and he nuked a good portion of ships by smashing their bridges, or firing Lancer Darts into their engine rooms. One of the Gundam fansites tracked the amount of kills made (ships only counting as one, as the amount of crew isn't quantifiable), and Nichol had a distinct margin.

Of course, that's only tracking the onscreen deaths. If it were possible to track all the destruction that the Gundams did in SEED, I'm sure the numbers would weight quite differently.

15. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    ^It's always the quiet ones...