Gundam or KO Gundam?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LadyStarscream, Dec 28, 2006.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I recently saw some Gundams in a shop and everything about the model kits where identical to Gundam Seed but were priced much less than normal kits and the boxes were smaller with no bandai logo and I couldnt find the word Gundam on the box anywhere! Everything was in some sort of Asian, so I couldnt read it, but usually either Bandai or Gundam are written somewhere. There was a logo that said lwdragon, but that's all I could make out. Are these actual Gundams or just really good KOs?

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If there's no Bandai logo, it's a knockoff. Simple. If they're good quality, though, good find, I guess. Quite frankly, though, I've never heard of a good Gundam KO.

3. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I've heard of Gundam KOs. They are rare, since it takes a crapload more work to steal a Gundam model than a much simpler Transformer figure, but they exist. If they do not have Gundam or Bandai anywhere on the box, it's safe to say they are bootlegs.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, there are bootleg Gundam model kits in China and the quality of some the kits are pretty good - from what I read in a forum. If there's no Bandai logo, its a KO.

I wanted to post pictures of the KO Gundams but internet connection in Asia is not good after the region suffered an earthquake that er, damaged the cable networks.

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I saw those in Philly last summer. I was gonna get one but I had no cash. I forget the name of the store, but it was in Chinatown and had lots of Peanuts stuff.

6. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I remember seeing some in HK last time I went back. There was english and for Freedom it said 'Freedom Goda' as the name (Goda is what gundam is called in HK). But some seem damn near identical apart from the company logos.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, now that the internet connection in Asia seems restored to operating status, here are some pictures of the "KO" Gundams, taken in China...please note the names :D ! Picture credits go to the Maxfactory website...mods can remove these pictures if there are complaints about them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]