Gundam Musou

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Cheetatron, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I now find myself less interested in this game.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I saw some stuff from this game before the non-UC stuff was announced. It looks cool, but the Wing mecha are seriously overpowered machines. Either they'l have to be toned WAY down from the anime, or the game will need to have an enemy population like that of Ninety-Nine Nights.

4. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Official site here: http://gundam-musou.jp/index.html

I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game, so I don't know how well the engine plays, but this looks awesome. It's a shame I won't have a PS3 anytime near any eventual US release, though.

And I hope there's actually a logical story for the G Gundam and Gundam Wing (though it's probably just test footage). God and Wing Zero fighting Zakus and GMs got a "WTF" out of me.

5. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Where in the chewy hell did all those Zakus come from?!

6. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

^The Dark Axis

7. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Wow, looks terrible. It has all the signs of a bad Gundam game mixed with bad Dynasty Warriros elements.

1. Tonnes of enemies on screen....that have NO A.I. You could see in the video that they just stood around and waited to die.

2. Repetition: What else is there to do but slash enemies for 3 hours until you beat the game?

3. Environments wil suck.

I LOVED the idea of massive battles. Hundreds of Mechs on screen killing eachother. But if there's no tactics or strategy, what's the point? Even Battlion Wars was challenging. It made you think on the go. This....not so much.

MAKE A GOOD GUNDAM GAME PLEASE! LISTEN TO THE FANS BANDAI!

How could they not get the idea that their games suck....

8. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Yeah I (and almost everyone else) just figured the enemies weren't doing anything because the video was from an early build

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't own a PS3 but being a Gundam fan, I checked the reviews on the game and it got some bad reviews for the er, gameplay.

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    What we really need is a gundam game that sports these features:
    -online play. (the ps3 gundam game could have benefitted tremendously from this).
    -massive enviorments(cities, rural areas, mountainous regions, small towns, etc.) that are close to 100% destructible.
    -a huge selection of various mobile suits and mobile armors.
    -regular tanks and jets as well (dopp fighters, core boosters, etc.).
    -the ability to ditch your suit and leave it from an escape vehicle (core boosters, etc.).
    - the ability to walk around as a human and hijack other suits, vehicles, explore cities, invade enemy bases or seek refuge in your own bases.
    -createable teams/groups (think clans) of players that can travel in units, armies, or aboard giant transports(whitebase).
    -faster moving mobile suits (A MUST!).
    -the ability to use your enemy's own weapons against them.
    -a more specific/realistic damage system that depending on where you get hit will determine what you can and cannot do(fire a gun, use a beam saber).
    -the ability to either repair/upgrade your suit/vehicle during battle.
    -the ability to call in air strikes and reinforcements.
    -the ability to create your own character/pilot.
    -and finally, the ability to play as boss-type mobile suits (byg zam, psycho gundam, etc.).

11. flamepanther

I like all of those ideas. I'd add though, that I think there should be a separate game for the U.C. suits and the A.U. suits, since the A.U. stuff all tends to be phenomenally overpowered compared to the more "realistic" U.C. machines. Balance is good.

12. netkid

News Credits:
    I added more ideas to my list.

I like that idea as well. Mixing mobile suits from other timelines is just wrong. It causes alot of suits to be unequally mismatched with one another in terms of power levels and it takes away the "authentic" and "staying true to story & source material" feel from the game.

However, having a battle where there is an RX-78-2 fighting alongside an Ez-8 and an RX-78 NT-1 (gundam "Alex") would be fine since all 3 are from the same specific gundam "universe/timeline", Universal Century.

13. flamepanther

Exactly. I wouldn't mind seeing the Wing, X, G, and Seed mecha face off against each other though. Keeping it just to any one of the Alternate Universe series would limit the audience and the number of available mecha, and I think they're all at a similarly unrealistic power level.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would like to see that too...the Gundam game I enjoyed the most was Federation vs Zeon because the player could control Byg Zam etc in some of the modes. Very cool game...the only think that cheesed me off was the inability to "block".

15. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

It doesn't have all this stuff, but Mobile OPs: The One Year War (or Operation Troy in Japan) for the 360 looks pretty promising as kind of a Battlefield with Mobile Suits.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    UC Mobile Suits aren't supposed to be fast, except for space battles. they're heavy, and essentially walking tanks. I dont want that to change. Bandai seems hell-bent on delivering "authentic" MS action, so I doubt it will.

17. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Authentic? If it was more authentic we'd have a good game for once! It's an amazing series that sucks at games. I demand we give the game over to Epic, the guys that do Unreal and Gears. THEY'LL know what to do with the license.

18. flamepanther

Assuming they know anything at all about Gundam?

19. netkid

News Credits:
    I just think the suits need to be faster and more responsive. i keep feeling like while playing their games, that my character is slower than the computer's. they need to be equal in speed. this was one of the problems addressed by many that played the new gundam game thats out on the ps3.

20. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Get them to make the graphics and gameplay. Honestly, is there really any story to these games? Getting a new developer to try things out is the best way to improve a game. Do you want Bandai to keep making half ass games? I don't.