Customs: Gundam Markers

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, May 11, 2011.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Ok, here's my problem. I want to paint the eyes on my Blesser and Sidearm. I'd like to give Blesser red eyes, and Sidearm blue eyes ( keeping with the whole inverted colors thing ). Thing is, their eyes are really tiny. I have a super fine tipped brush that is a good size, but it's hard to paint with. If I have too much paint on the brush, it will glob in there and overflow onto his cheeks. If I use too little, I won't get good coverage.

I've heard Gundam Markers are good for small detail work. Thing is, how do I know what size the tips are? I've seen some packs with a 5 on it, and others with a 6. As well as some called "Fine-Line". Which of these do I need to use? Will the multipacks with either 5 or 6 be small enough tipped to work on Sidearm? Fine-line I'm guessing would be my best bet, but finding it in the right colors is proving to be difficult. Anybody own Gundam Markers or are familiar enough with them able to help me out?

2. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    They should a pic of how small the tips are...ultra fine is the smallest I think....

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Problem is, the only ultra-fine colors are black, gray, and brown.

Gundam markers won't give you any better results, since the smallest red and blue tips are still pretty large.

The best solution I can think of would be to take a toothpick and gradually add paint to the sockets.

4. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

I have to agree with this sentiment. I tried some of the markers for etching and they were still too big. No way they'll work for the eye work you suggested.

5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    why not use a fine tipped sharpie or will the color rub off? and an gel ink pen

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The finest tipped sharpie I can find is still too big. I'll have to look into the gel ink pen.