gundam markers on transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maetel, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

since i'm getting couple arms micron figs, and don't want to bother with the stickers, i'm wondering if gundam markers work well on the transformers and if not any one have better brand suggestions. thanks.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Have you used Gundam Markers before? Because it really helps if you have, so you know their shortcomings.

I'm glad you didn't suggest using Sharpies, but Gundam Markers are only a minor step higher. They aren't all that great even on Gundams. And frankly, for the price that they go for, you're better off buying jars of Tamiya paints and some brushes.

3. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

thanks, yeah i read sharpie paint marker reviews and they pretty much indicate bad quality. any suggestion on other paint markers? don't really want to use paint/brush if i don't have to.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Really, paint/brushes are the only way to get long-lasting results when trying to use non-sticker methods to detail transformers. The microns should come disassembled at first, so it will be easier to paint them, but I highly recomend using cheap water-based craft paint so it's easy to clean up and remove before sealing if you make any mistakes.