gundam figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Bumble Prime, May 25, 2007.

1. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

hey ive got bunch of gundam action figures from when bandai sold them over here back when gundam wing first hit tv.

theyre the basic ones that came with all the weapons and accessories.

im considering selling them and i was just wondering if theres any demand at all for them. cuz i do like them but theyre just kind of collecting dust, but if i cant get anything for em i might as well keep em.

anybody got any insight?

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd suggest doing a search of recently completed auctions on eBay if that's the route you intend to go. It may give you some insight on how much to sell them for or if you can get anything at all out of them.

3. Bumble Prime

hmmmm some are selling for about what i paid at retail forever ago....

but i just love the little guys so much.... hmmmm

does anyone at all collect these? or does everyone stick with the kits?

4. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

It depends on what you have. If you can list everyone, their condition and wether they have their accessories I could give you ballpark figures.

5. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Totally! I have the Epyon, Tallgeese, and all the other gundams except for wing gundam (have the big one). They're not worth much so you might as well keep them. Will write more later.

6. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    So yeah...

I dont have Deathscythe or Shenglong but instead got the DSH and the Altron gundams.

I think they'll last a long time. They're really poseable and the rubber material they used to make them seems of pretty good quality. What also surprises me is how detailed they are.

Most people in the 'show your gundams' thread posted models and stuff you cant really play with. Those are cool too, but I want to have mine battler my transformers!

7. Bumble Prime

well i dont have them with me but heres a short list of what i got

all are complete with all accessories

rx-78 original gundam ( the black and red and green deco)

rx-79 g ( has everything and the backpack)

gp-01a ( has seperate transformed core fighter)

rx?? alex ( the one from 0080 i think, has all the armor pieces)

the blue zeon from the same series ( kampfer??)

nu gundam from the movie

sazabi from the movie

the green infantry ms's ( the normal one and the heavy fire one)

char's red zaku ( came with bigro mobile armor)

and some more but i dont remember

oh yeah! and ive got the 12 in deluxe gp01a

8. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

That red one is actually Johnny Ridden's Zaku II R2. It's actually funny that you called it Char's, because in Encounters in Space (PS2 game), everyone's always mistaking Ridden for Char.

Anyway, I actually have all the US released UC MS, plus a couple from G Gundam (God/Burning Gundam and Noble Gundam), and some from Seed (Launcher Strike, Duel, Buster, and the Astrays) plus a bunch of Japanese stuff (EMSIA Zeta, Shiki, and MK II), as well as some Seed Destiny stuff, a Dom v. 2.0, and the Turn A. I actually just ordered the Providence and Yzak's Gouf the other day. I like the figures because you can fiddle with them without fear of breakage (for the most part).

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What a coincidence...just as I was taking out and fiddling woth my MSIA, this thread comes out! I love them to death as they're seem virtually unbreakable and they're well sculpted...but I'm curious, is the MSIA line dead?

10. Emperor Mengde

In the US it is, but it's still chugging along as strong as ever in Japan. There are EMSIAs of the RX-78-1 and the Wing Gundam EW suits coming (at least the Wing Zero, but in the display it looked like they'd be making all of them). I'm not quite sure what's in the pipe for regular MSIAs though (more AoZ stuff I would think, I know there's at least another Hazel coming). The new Gundam series was supposed to be coming out this fall so I'd expect a flood of stuff then.

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, but I seems to notice that Bandai is focusing on the EMSIA line alot...so I'm kinda worried that the MSIA line may be neglected.

12. Emperor Mengde

Okay, I was wrong about the Prototype Gundam, it's actually just the RX-78-2 in Real Type colors. Also, it looks like the Wing Zero is the only EMSIA announced now, but perhaps a rerelease of the other EW suits MSIAs is imminent. Also, there's an MSIA Akatsuki w/Shiranui pack coming out as well.

LigerPrime - I think you're seeing less of a focus on the regular MSIA line now becuase there's no show to support it. Bandai has released most of the popular MS from Seed and Destiny, and are likely already working one the MSIAs for whatever series is next. Since you would figure the MSIA line will launch with the next series in the fall with at least a decent selection of MS, you would figure Bandai would need time to produce said MS. I wouldn't worry about it, I really just think it's a temporary lull, although I wish they'd fill up these lulls with more suits from ZZ or other neglected series (Gundam X perhaps...boy do I wish that would happen).

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    By the way, was a version 2 of the G3 release? I recall seeing pictures of it loose but I have never seen it in stores.

14. Emperor Mengde

I don't think so...I'd love to get one if there is. I know there was a 2.0 Prototype Gundam, and a 2.0 Wonderfest special that was white and grey with red accents. The only G3 I know of was the 1.0 Japanese release and the US release that came packed with the Gunperry.

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh? Was the G3 that was packaged with the Gun Perry a version 1.0 or 2.0?

16. Emperor Mengde

v. 1.0. I'm glad I have it, as there isn't much in the way of G3 releases, but it's really not a good figure. Plus it came with just a beam rifle and shield. No extra hands, nothing. The Japanese release at least had all of the regular Gundam 1.0's accessories and hands.