Gundam Die-cast!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Feb 25, 2007.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know that there are some Gundam fans on these boards so I thought I'll post pictures of my latest catch - Gundam Fix Metal Composition or whatever it is called!

This toy although isn't the exactly the "old school" Gundam but the updated version KA, any old school Gundam fanboy has been waiting for what almost seems like forever for a decent 1/100 Gundam toy...and IMO Bandai does deliver!

For now these will be the pictures I will be posting...I don't think I will attempt to convert the Gundam to G-fighter mode as I find it cheesy and troublesome! My apologies guys!

I can't seems to find the diecast on the exterior of the Gundam but I can most definately feel its weight! Anyway, here are the pictures!

The best part about this toy? Its 1/100 scale! The size of the Gundam Master Grade kits! Woot! Kudos to Bandai for giving Gundam fans this piece of amazing toy! And if they keep churning out the rest of the Gundam mecha like the Zaku IIs...they're have my $$$! :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Cool! Does it have the same issues as the previous die-cast Gundams (being too heavy to hold together, etc, etc)?

3. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    No, its very stable with tight joints! But like I mentioned earlier, I can't seem to find any diecast on the exterior! I've been spending my time just fiddling with him! The import shops are selling him for around USD$70-80, which is pretty steep to most local collectors.

4. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thought I post more pictures of my fave robot/mecha toy! I "cheated" with the shield on the back-pack by using tissue paper etc! LOL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Does it transform?

6. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    More pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

How's the poseability on the legs and arms LigerPrime? I've been thinking about picking this up some time in the near future, but would like to know how poseable it is. I suppose I'm just trying to justify a purchase since I already have the original MSIA, the MSIA 2.0 and the PG model of the good old RX-78.

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Emperor Mengde - well, its not super articulated...the most it can do is a crouch position or hunch position and definately not as posable as the Master Grade One Year War RX-78-2Gundam.

Its like a bigger version of the version KA Gundam No. 26 from the fix series but bigger and er, has metal but I still can't find any diecast (haven't removed any parts to examine him yet) I hope that gives you a rough idea. Get him only if you're an old school fan! :D 

I would say that it has the articulation of a normal Soul of Chogokin mecha like Mazinger.

Megatroptimus - no, it doesn't transform but it sort of combines into a jet as seen in the box picture.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the first Gundam, the RX-78 (well, actually, the more modernized RX-78-2). Fully transforming designs didn't become prominent in Gundam until Zeta.

I'm not sure if the feature's replicated here or not, but the only transforming component common in Gundam up until then was the core fighter. Essentially, the cockpit can eject and unfold into an escape pod/fighter.

As Liger Prime points out, though, this one comes with the G-Armor, a modular unit that plugs onto the Gundam as some sort of transport mode. A silly concept borne out of super-robot sensibilities.

10. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's a very beautiful toy. Pity I'd never be able to weigh it in my hands :( 

Congrats, LigerPrime!

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That's awesome LP, man I can't wait to score on of these Master Grades.

I think me & SydneyY have the SD version of this guy , and even that set is pretty awesome. Can only imagine how the real deal is

Thanks for the sweet pics, you tease

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks guys! I've been waiting for a long time for a decent Gundam toy! And this is one one Gundam toy that Bandai has been putting effort into! This toy for me certainty lives up to my expectations as an old school Gundam fan! For me, it lost brownie points on the price...I simply had to post pictures because its like a "holy grail" to me!

I just got to clear something up...this toy is fully assembled and not a model kit i.e. Master Grade kit or High Grade kit! Its size is the same as a Master Grade kit though! :D 

13. Emperor Mengde

Ah, I see. Thanks for answering. I was hoping it would be more like the Kado Senshi Hyaku Shiki, which is really well articulated as well as being metal. As for the metal content of this one, I wouldn't be surprised if it was like the MMM Strike Gundam, which had metal in the "skeleton" and was covered in plastic. In the Strike Gundam's case you could remove the armor, they may have just glued it for this release.

14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was expecting to find some die-cast on the exterior such as the chest too...Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Strike Gundam's chest was made of die-cast?

Check out the link below for a more professional shoot of the toy:

http://f52.aaa.livedoor.jp/~gffm/lineup/1001.html

15. Emperor Mengde

It might be, as I've never actually owned the toy I'm not sure (although I did fiddle around with one at a local toy store). It just seems to be the most logical conclusion of there's no diecast on the outside that it must be on the inside. Although I am surprised that the feet aren't diecast.

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I found it strange too...that this Gundam's the feet aren't die-cast (doesn't feel metallic to me). If its die-cast then it must be a different grade of die-cast but that isn't possible right?! I can see screws at the bottom of both feet but no way it is metallic.

I can't seem to find the die-cast and I'm afraid to open this Gundam up until I see more pictures of him on the net.