(Guitars) Should I get a Les Paul Vintage?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nerdling, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I was at Guitar Center jamming on the 2k Gibsons and pulled down a LP VM with the brown finish. The guitar itself looks like it just came off some old spruce, and my gawd does it rock. For about 10 minutes straight I jammed through riffs of Zeppelin and Ozzy songs. This thing is even more ballsy than my American Tele.

The Hot Rod I was playing it through was friggin perfect. At $750 it sounds like a great deal. Still considering it though. Do any of you guys own one of these?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  2. Cynicist

Cynicist Give me the 'oop

I'd prefer Jackson

3. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Is it the floor model for $750?

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Not sure, bbut for some reason I just don't like Les Pauls... I prefer SGs or Strats

5. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I had a similar model once. The feel was great, but I prefer parker fly or razorback these days, but if you like it, you can do no wrong. just make sure if its the floor model you get a guarantee and see if they have a tuning and maintenance plan.

6. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I didnt plan on having to do that much maintenance on it. Shit. Thanks for the heads up.

The first of my last two financial aid checks comes in Fall. Since I'm going to be making good money at my new job I was feeling in the mood to splurge a little. I hope it's still on sale when I look into it then. This guitar and my Tele would be a sick 1-2 punch.

By the way, are all Les Paul's made in the USA?

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Before it was Transformers, it was guitars for me. :lol 

Got three 'Pauls myself... a vintage Goldtop, a Classic, and a Custom.

If the Zeppelin/Ozzy sound is what you're going for, that's the right guitar. You can't go wrong with a high-end Les Paul, but I'd steer clear of the Les Paul Studio, which is one of the cheaper models. Had one for a while and it couldn't hold a tune.

I'm almost exclusively into my hollow-bodied instruments these days (Gibson ES175, Rickenbacker 360) and like a lighter sound for my solid-body needs (PRS, Strat) because I'm into more jazz and prog... but a Les Paul is a guitar for a lifetime. Good luck!

8. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    $750 is a steal. Go for it.

9. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    www.ernieball.com

Check out some EB guitars. I will never go back to any other brand ever, and I've ever tried or have had Fender, Gibson, Parker, and Ibanez guitars.

Some worthy mentions: John Petrucci Signature guitar (my favorite), The Luke, Steve Morse Y2D, the Axis. All American made guitars.