guitar hero world tour rock band 2 brain melting.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Aptom, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

Can someone answer me some simple questions which
    noone in any computer games retailer in england seem to know the answer to? i need to know do the rock band 2 drums and instruments work with guitar hero 4 and vice versa. also does anyone know when rock band 2 instruments are coming out int he u.k? i know the games released tomorrow but the **** i spoke to from gamestation didnt have a clue if or when they were getting instruments. thanks in advance you sexy brainy mothers.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

What format?

360 stuff is universal. Instruments for RB2 are due December.

3. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

360. lucky me. which drums are the best rb2 or ghwt?

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have a PS3 GH3 guitar. I just want to know can I play RB and/or RB2 with it? And if so, is the gameplay gimped at all?

5. McBradders

Not sure about the guitar, I know PS3 was still having some issues. Once patched it wont gimp the RB games.

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Just an FYI, in case anyone was wondering, Rock Band will work with a PS3 Guitar Hero 3 controller. Bought a used copy of the first Rock Band and patched it. Works great and have been loving it.

7. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Well, while we have this conversation going, I figured I'll ask something that's been on my mind.

Though I'd love to get a 360 for Rock Band 1 (yes I'm behind, I only own GH2), I have this feeling that won't happen any time soon and I'll probably just wind up getting the PS2 version, especially since I'm not looking forward to A) cost of new console, and B) cost of more instruments since I have two PS2 guitars already. Will the official RedOctane PS2 Wireless Guitar (this one, the one that predates the Great Rhythm Game Wars) work with the PS2 version of Rock Band?

8. McBradders

Don't think so, I believe the RB PS2 shit is USB. Check Wikipedia for more details.

9. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope this link answers most of your questions:
    Instrument Compatibility Matrix v4.42 - Joystiq

Eventually there should be a patch for the WT drums to work on the PS3 RBs, but who knows if that's a reality...

I'm pretty bummed there's no WT Drumkit available separately yet... I bought the game by itself and now I'm regretting it...

Anyone play GHWT with RB drums? If so, have you tried the music studio with them?
    I was under the impression the WT cymbals shared a single action, but someone was telling me they are two separate buttons. True?

Anyways, thanks to anyone who can provide me with some drum answers, and enjoy the compatibility matrix!!

10. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Hmm, Wikipedia didn't say much about the PS2 version's (in)compatibility with other guitars. It did mention a USB hub, but Gamespot's guitar compatibility chart, which has listed the Wireless PS2 guitar's compatibility as TBD since the day RB1 came out (way to go, Gamespot :rolleyes:  ) says the wired GH1/2 controller works.

*EDIT* Well, decided to check out Amazon's reviews, just for the heck of it. 3 reviews mentioned that it does work with Rock Band. HUZZAH! Although one of those reviews mentioned that occasionally RB locks up on the loading screens when they use the wireless controller.