Guitar Hero: Van Halen & Guitar Hero 5

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Switch625, May 12, 2009.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Activision announced a whole slew of new Guitar Hero games for this year, including GH 5, Band Hero (a more family-oriented game featuring top 40 hits) and Guitar Hero: Van Halen. They also announced something called DJ Hero, but that means nothing to me.

I'm particularly interested in GH: VH since I enjoyed Hot For Teacher on GH: World Tour so much. No word on which band members will be included though. Eddie and Alex will probably be in it and Dave probably will too. Here's hoping Eddie will come to his senses and allow Mike and Sammy to be involved too. I really hope they put out a special bundle featuring Eddie's Frankenstein strat.

2. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

just too many. guitar hero world tour was fun, but i can probably see it being my last "band game" purchase as well, unless there is something REALLY REALLY compelling about a new one. top 40 hits certainly won't be it i'll tell you that much, that sounds like a nightmare.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Not every band needs their own band game. Activision, EA, please for the sake of the genre just f-ing stop now. Van Halen should be relegated to DLC and nothing more. I know EA is doing Rock Band Pearl Jam next. This stuff has got to end.

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    DJ Hero might just be an instant sale for me because it has Daft Punk on it.

5. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

For real. They keep this up and everyone's gonna wind up sick to death of this genre before long.

But I'll say this for the Rock Band series. At least when they make these band specific games they allow for the tracks to be exported to the HDD for use with Rock Band 2. Activision it seems could give 2 shits about DLC for World Tour.

6. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    I wonder what the difference between "Guitar Hero 5" and "Band Hero will be"?

As of this year there will be 14 Guitar Hero games counting all consoles and DS in 4 years! Thats ridiculous!

Rock Band FTW!

7. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I think band exclusive games are the only way to keep my interest. As much as I like Rock Band and Guitar Hero, I have to play through a dozen songs I don't care for just to get to one I do like.

8. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

RB pearl jam? no, no, no, no, hell no. it already a DLC on RBstore. just add more songs from them. dipsh*ts. same to VH. give me GH5 and DJ hero
    work it harder
    make it better
    do it faster
    makes us stronger
    more then ever
    hour after
    our work is
    never over

skrew band hero and lego RB.

9. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Band Hero is Activision's answer to Lego Rock Band. It's a band game aimed squarely at the youngins.

10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want a Gary Hoey, Guitar Hero. LOL, this has got to stop just do the bands greatest hits album as DLC. geez

EDIT: where's my Stan Bush?

11. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    We have no idea how the new Pearl Jam material is going to be handled. Right now all you can do is vote for your favorite songs to be part of the set list., and you have to have Rhaspsody to do it.

Nothing else has been announced. We have no idea if this is going to be DLC or something like the AC/DC track pack.

Also, I will get GH Van Halen if it's only the David Lee Roth years :D . Bop, bosey bosey bop, skidabop!

12. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Well... I guess this is how the Music Genre series dies?

Might get GH:5 because the new future sounds fairly interesting... but the lack f DLC on the current GH:WT has be already playing more RB:2.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

It's how Guitar Hero dies, there could never be another disc based RB again (yeah right) and it would still be able to survive on DLC sales alone.

14. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

Activision obsession to release stand-alone GH games instead of supporting DLC is one of the main reason why I play RB2 way more than GHWT, and I don't feel like buying DLC for GHWT because I know that those tracks won't be compatible with the next GH game that they make.

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Guitar Hero: Megadeth or GTFO.

16. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    DLC. Again, it's just another band who doesn't need their own game. Metallica got away with it because they literally had enough decent songs to fill an entire game. I would even venture to say they left off some rather important songs from Metallica's history that should have been in the game. While I rock Megadath as much as the next guy, I can't imagine more than 10 songs being worth the price of admission to most people.

17. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

And even with Metallica, Activision still had to put filler songs from other artists in order to make the track list seemed presentable. But quite frankly, GH: Metallica would've worked just as well as DLC instead of a full-fledge game that seems to stroke their egos more than anything else.

18. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Those songs weren't used as filler; they were selected by Metallica as bands they enjoy or bands that inspired them. It was used to deliver a better "Metallica" experience and while I'm not opposed to the idea of it was DLC only; it was fairly decent game. Loads better than Aerosmith anyway.

19. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
  20. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Nothing there gets me overly excited. I love the art direction of Rock Band, and it's going to take a LOT for this to win me over. And ooooohhh, new bands. Big whoop. The ability to have up to 4 of the same instrument is baffling. It kind of makes sense for the guitars as you can now have 2 guitar and a bass, but otherwise it's nothing to get excited over for me.

Activision has got a looooong way to go before I think of getting GH5.