Guitar Hero 2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TreKain, Nov 7, 2006.

1. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Out today, just got it. Cant wait to get home and tear into it! Anyone else?

2. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm hoping this finds its way under the tree at Christmas.

3. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Waiting on the 360 version with the extra songs and oh so sweet guitar, but my friend is picking it up today so I'll definintly be playing after I get off work.

4. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Just bought it at TRU with the "Von Helion" guitar skin. Now am just waiting for my friends to come over so we can rip it up!

5. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

A lot of places in my area are using it at the demo station. Wonder how long until the guitar end up broken (or missing).

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    these things in pretty good stock?

i dont wanna run to the store and find they're sold out or somethin x__o

7. TreKain

News Credits:
    I got mine at BestBuy and they were well stocked (granted im in midtown manhattan)

They also has 2 demo stations set up with GH2, so i played for about 20 minutes. I noticed (at least in the freeplay mode which only had the 1st 2 levels unlocked) the order/levels of the songs are nowhere near what was advertised a few weeks ago...Unless that was a special demo disc.

8. miraisoup

miraisoup Well-Known Member

Any idea if you can just buy the game? I already have the first one with the guitar.

9. TreKain

News Credits:
    yeah...its available with or without the controller

10. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'd like to pick it up. Love the first one. But I have no idea when I'd find the time to play it, between BF 2142, Ultimate Alliance, The Soprano's game, and in a week and a half, the Wii.

11. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    My hands are killing me...

12. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Not me, I'll stick to my real guitar. Cool concept though.

Mike

13. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i'll finally get to try it out next week when i go back home....brother bought GH w/ guitar and gonna get GHII (just the game) too.

14. TreKain

News Credits:
    No kidding...last night I played the entire medium lvl of career mode...all 40 songs... (i skipped over easy mode)

They definaltely ramped up some of the difficulty even in the medium level. and I really suck at hard on GH1, so im worried for when i ramp it up in GH2.

I love the encores, I like how they are unlocked. Some of my favorite tunes are definately the instrumentals, (Jessica, Misirlou, YYZ)

15. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Yeah, after I beat the medium level to get access to all the songs, Viv and I played multiplayer... That has got to be the best part of the game... Two guitars on Freebird??? Hell yeah... However, if you want less work, choose the lead guitar on Freebird for multiplayer... I thought I was gonna get less work with my hands hurting with rhythm guitar on that song but ended up with nearly twice the amount of notes including a crapload of solo notes as well... My left wrist nearly fell off after that...

I kinda wish there was three options for the multiplayer mode though... All the songs only allow you to choose either lead and bass or lead and rhythm... It would've been cool to have all three options for each song...

16. TreKain

News Credits:
    Unfortunately I dont have anyone to play with so im kinda pissed that they dont let you play bass or rhythm in single player mode...it opens up so much more replayability (not that it doesnt already have a ton of it already). When they announced that there were other guitar styles to play i guess i missed the fact that these were multiplayer only :( 

17. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

My friends and I played through Career Mode on Medium as well. I wished there was a Co-op Career Mode to earn more money for things, but I guess it would be somewhat redundant. My right forearm is sore from strumming (Monkeywrench is fun to play on Hard) and my left thumb developed a blister from holding the guitar in certain positions and transitioning. Misirlou on Expert is just comedy. But one of my friends was able to get 35% on it, though she's probably the best and most consistent GH player of all of us.

LOVE THIS GAME!!!

18. Razerwire

News Credits:
    You could play the bass option in the tutorial mode, I believe... Even though you don't earn anything with that...
    Yeah, Viv chooses Expert on that when we play Multiplayer since I play the bass line... I keep us alive...:lol 

19. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I like how the stars turn gold when you get 100%. With GH1 me and my friends kept forgetting which songs we were able to get 100% on.

20. gil

gil Godmaster

I picked it up yesterday, and played through the Easy Mode, which is pretty damn easy. When I get home from work today, I'll actually go and do Medium.

On another note, I was reading a review or something online about GH2, and they mentioned "Bark at the Moon" and "Cowboy's from Hell" from the first GH. I had to laugh because that's the only two song's I cannot beat on Medium from Part 1. (I won't even attempt Hard)