Guitar controllers?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Darkravager, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I realize this may well be a stupid question that has been addressed many times before, but which guitars work with which games?

I ask because my wife really likes to play Rockband, and she is quite good on the drums but she wanted some more experience playing with the guitar. I can really only play the guitar, so we had to compromise.

I found Guitar Hero 3 pack on clearance at Target for $25 a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I had heard that all the guitars work together now. The problem is that my Rockband guitar doesn't work on Guitar Hero (game thinks it's a controller and not a guitar), but the Guitar Hero guitar works for Rockband.

Is there any way to get my Rockband guitar to work on Guitar Hero, or am I out of luck?

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

What format?

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    All the guitars work on all games now, at least on the 360, PS2, PS3. I have no idea about Wii. I bought GH3 for the PS3. I use that guitar for my PS3 GH games as well as both RB games without any problems. Just be sure to download the patch for RB1 so the guitar works.

4. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

5. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

That was a great link. Thanks! Sorry I forgot to mention the system. It's on Playstation 3. I guess I have no hope of my Rockband guitar working on GH3. Oh well.