Guinness World Book of Records Robot dance includes Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by StarFire_MK2, Apr 9, 2010.

1. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    My campus, Simon Fraser University (where I've shot several portions of my photocomic), set the record yesterday. Attendees included a stormtrooper who found the droids he was looking for, and G1 Optimus Prime.

[​IMG]

From SFU's media home page:

April 8, 2010

Simon Fraser University students claimed the world record for the most people doing the Robot dance in one place April 8 with 289 dancers, surpassing the old record of 276 held by the University of Kent in 2007.

“It was just stellar,” says student organizer Graham Hiscocks who helped organize the event to celebrate the creation of a new Mechatronics (robotics) student union, part of SFU’s School of Engineering Science.

“I was up on stage looking into a sea of cardboard and tinfoil and smiles.”

Hiscocks says the event was conceived as a way to recognize and bring the new 150-student group into the engineering fold. “It’s a kind of maiden event, something we’ll all remember.”

The Guinness World Book of Records will have to officially recognize SFU’s new record, which could take several weeks, says Hiscocks.

He adds the University of Melbourne previously fielded 318 Robot dancers in one place but failed to submit the necessary documentation to Guinness in order to secure the record.

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks like goofy fun, but I am constantly puzzled by the things that merit inclusion in the GBoR.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see that on their resumes. Extracurriculars are important.