Guinness Book Of World Records

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Nov 20, 2009.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I had a World Record book in my bathroom and I sit there and read it. Sometimes I wonder if anyone on TFW2005 as ever tried to apply for the record of the "most transformers figures" collection. Thay have other records for most of "any given item" collection. Anyone know someone that could make a run at it?

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    How would one count?

Loose? MISB?

Multiples of the same toy? Packaging variants? Single pack/multi-pack doubles? Reissues? Redecos?

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    ^ I would image that every TF counts as one wether it's in package or not. And each duplicate would count as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I personally know two collectors whose collections are the same or more volume than my own (over 5000 pieces) who have no online presence and keep their collections completely private.

That alone leads me to believe there are many other extremely large collections out there that nobody knows (or will ever know) about.

• Like Like x 2
  5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    this what i always figured was the case as there are always collectors that prefer to collect quietly, and it doesn't matter what they collect, they don't want attention as they feel collecting is a private matter

6. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Its kinda like that Stan Sansweet who owns the worlds largest private Star Wars collection. You hardly ever see him.
    Heres a link to what I'm talking aboutRebelscum.com: The Ranch In Review

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

But that means they don't exist because they are not on thez intenetzz, and if they sign up here today that would make them a Noob.

I'm being sarcastic here.

8. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

I'd imagine this is a common problem with "world records". By necessity they have the most/biggest/longest or whatever they have been able to record rather than the record in existence.

9. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    One hell of a necro thread, anyone ever find out if there is a world record or a most amount of action figures, ive done alot of googleing thats how i stumbled accross this thread

10. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has reached 10,000 different Transformers toys yet (after 33 years, there would be at least that many released between Hasbro and TakaraTomy), or if there is a limit to people's collections, and they just cull their less interesting parts of the collection every few years.

Or, how many people have at least 5,000 different Transformers toys... or people you know of?
    As I close in on 6,000 different Transformers toys in my collection, I'm wondering how many others out there are just as committed... or should be committed. :p 

11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

So how do you know about them then?

It's always good to reply to posts that are 8 years old...you usually get a lot of responses.

12. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    well im siting at around 1256 but i am picky about what i get, theres certian things i dont like doing e.g having 40 bumblebee deluxes or haveing 20 movie voyager primes lol