Guild Wars Factions

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gnaw, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

For those of you who own Guild Wars and enjoy it alot, as do I, are you dissapointed with this expansion. Just like City of Villains it claims to be an expansion and a standalone, one which you can play with the original or without. It costs 49.99 dollars for a new purchase?!! What?! What did I buy the original for, just to get screwed by Factions. You get the original plus the expansion for the same price as Guild Wars. Should NCsoft release a cheaper expansion? What's your opinion.

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Uh, i think you missunderstood what they meant by stand alone game. If you just get Factions, you can't play in Tyria. If you have both, you can travel to both contenents. Besides, most retail expansions for MMO's cost around this much. I think they decided to make it stand alone so more people could get it.

3. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

It costs 50 bucks but it is a new standalone game. If you link the two games you get 6 slots instead of 4 per game, plus it is ALL NEW skill sets in Factions. Plus I don't think they should lower the cost. Considering there is no online fee for this game I figure it's very cost-effective. I get to play an MMO for far less than what most people pay. Figure with game costs plus one expansion per year plus subscription fees, that's 260 bucks a year, minimum. With Guild Wars I'm getting all of that for onyl a hundred bucks a year. I think I'd rather swing with Guild Wars pricing system.

Plus, you don't have to buy the Factions game to continue playing Guild Wars. It's like buying a new magic the gathering expansion. You have everythign you need in the previous set, but here's a whole new set. Do you expand to increase what you have available and pick up on a new storyline or stick with what you have?

I'm shelling it out for Factions for sure and I'm even getting the Collector's version. I don't consider it a big cost. If you pre-ordered it a few weeks ago it wouldn't have cost you 50 it would have been 40. *shrugs*

Me, I'll take my six slots and a chance at a new PvE area and storyline. I thinking of it like having Baldur's Gate on PC and then opting to pick up Baldur's Gate II to get more story out of your games.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Think of it as two games that you can smash together to make an even bigger game! :D 

5. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Sonic & Knuckles with Lockon Sonic 3, hehe.

I msyelf fidn the 50 somewaht cheap since there is like mentioned 0 online fee, and there game server is always running perfect for me unlike the WoW servers.

6. SpazmasterX

SpazmasterX My turn to protect you.

25 new skills for each existing job.
    2 more character slots for existing players.
    New areas can be travelled to with existing characters.
    2 new jobs each carrying 75 skills.
    0 online fee.