Digibash: Guhhh... Treadbolt....is so ugly.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by ShadowStitch, Oct 3, 2008.

1. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    I can't help it. I'm trying to find a reason...ANY REASON...to get Treadbolt. I want to like him, but I just CAN'T... he's borrowing a great mold, but he's got a color scheme only a (colorblind) mother could love.

See, the only thing I hate more than Allspark Blue, is when they decide to use mismatched, overcomplicated yet unbalanced color schemes. Simple color theory people; it's introductory art 101! Just like with those wretched TFCC Seacons, you can't just haphazardly mix four colors with neutrals and expect anything more than a nauseating mess.

So to that end, I thought I'd share some super quick n dirty digibashes of what some OTHER color schemes might look like, and what I might be tempted to do to him to make him at least passable instead of a polychromatic eyesore the likes of which the world hasn't seen since G2...

The original: Yuck.
    [att]14858[/att]

Brown to Black: A little TOO much black; it's not as balanced but it's easy to dye.
    [att]14856[/att]

Brown to Grey: A major improvement, but hard to make happen.
    [att]14859[/att]

Brown to Grey, Blue to Black, Yellow to Silver: Blue to Black is easy, brown to grey, not so much. It sure looks nice though, if a bit monochromatic.
    [att]14860[/att]

Just turn the Blue into Black: Also kind of neat; dyeing blue to black is super easy...plus the brown almost works here, with the transparent parts in their original sewer colors.
    [att]14857[/att]

I dunno if I want to buy a figure simply to speculate on color schemes I could use to make him not suck, but I'm still thinking about it.

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I quite like the last one; it looks kinda like the colourscheme for Tracer.

To be honest, though, I thought Tread Bolt was a bad choice of homage for this style of jet anyway, as the original version of him was a stealth bomber of the flying wing variety.
    I think a better Micromaster homage would have been Airwave...

3. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, I'm fine with what is getting released. I love the mold so I'll happily buy it for the third time after Jetfire and Botcon Dreadwind.

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

that black gold silver red colorscheme looks pretty sweet

i still say the guy would look good painted up as gjapg1 leozack though

5. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I like Brown to Grey & Brown to Grey, Blue to Black, Yellow to Silver

6. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I like the last two.