Guess what guys I finally saw ROTF last week....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mighty.Maximal, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Guess what guys I finally saw ROTF last week....

And having sat and read months of tirades about the humor the editing, the comprehensiveness of the story, the murderous nature of Optimus, the Autobots, abandoning Sam, Robot Heaven, The Quest for the stuff in Egypt & Jordan, Jetfires Accent, The racial stereotyping, The Fallen and Megatron not doing very much, Sam's treatment of Michaela, Megan's acting, Issues about Agent Simmons, Devastator, and The twins, & Leo, Alice, Sam's Mom etc...

I have to say most of that was no where near as bad as I'd been lead to believe and call me perverse but I actually like it more than the first one.

I will just say I did notice a slight quirk typical of Michael Bay with some slighty iffy characters in the way of the guy with bad teeth and the short border guard they seemed a bit to cartoonish to me to be appropriate.

But the good things I noticed when viewing where things that people just didn't even mention the Jordanian Airforce getting swatted, Frenzy's head in a jar, The Decepticons tearing the Aircraft carrier to pieces, and Ravage carrying The Doctor. I also liked the Construction Transformers catching a ride on the container ship. is that a glimpse of Scavanger in vehicle mode I see ? I need to rewind that as I couldn't see yellow Rampage in the scene anywhere Mixmaster and Longhaul I think where there though.

Notable missing things was how very hard it is to actually spot most of the Construction mode Decepticons behind a load of smoke and columns in the concluding minutes. no appearance I could see of a yellow Centaur Rampage. I was expecting Red Rampage to be a little more involved than he was even if it was just hanging about in the background.

I really noticed how Proto-form Transformers were used indiscriminating in many places such as kidnaping Sam's Parents where say Grindor would have been better suited (if he wasn't dead at that point).

I didn't think the military mobilisation was intrusive it's not 12 minutes long like some said it's a few seconds here and there and the whole sequence is only a couple of minutes long and most of it is blink and you miss it stuff.

I didn't even know there was a B1 Bomber in the movie until I saw i though as no one had mentioned it. so I'd say like an A-10 it's another plane that could do with a Movie alt mode toy.

The X-sector Seven buggies were a bit blink and you miss them, but the HX's got a good showing.

It's curious that it's really hard to see Megatron's vehicle mode especially when he's flying but the wings look more prominent in the movie than they do on any toy i've seen even the voyager Megatron. and he seems to fly more than roll when he is in vehicle mode.

I noticed the surprising use of the F-word by Mikaela when she tells one of the soldiers to "F*cking do something" when Sam's heart is arresting. and the Twins swear a fair bit too. it's curious that after they walk up the hill with Simons and leo they completely vanish from the movie. and also I did think that when Simmons says to Skids he should prepare for the drive of his life Skids of Mudflap would have said something (even if they were in car mode).

The Witwicky's house was not as damaged as I thought it would be by the Kitchen crew. Leo is a bit of a dork but no worse than Sam really in terms of being a numbnuts so if I can tolerate Sam I can tolerate Leo yes he's improbable and doesn't really seem to need to be in the movie at all for the later parts but he's not intrusive and he gives the twins someone to insult.

Incidental call me perverse again if you like but I really like the twins. I thought it was sort of endearing when they try to impress the others and admited they couldn't read ancient Cybertronian. I was a little shocked by Prime's casual ignorance of Transformer history it seems out of character for an Optimus Prime to not study the past most of them have that aspect to their personality and he says things about humans that suggests he has that mindset.

I was not bothered much by Sam's mom and the baked goods as I think she might have already been eating them before she showed up with them so the quick effect has some excuse. but did she say something really indecent at the end of that scene or did I read to much into it ?

So I can see some of the points people made I to did wonder where the heck Jetfire got to after his exposition - but I also did see that many of the complaints people had were either easily explained or not a bother to me.

But I am scratching my head a little as to why Sam great Grand Pa was seeing symbols if he hadn't touched the Allspark ?

I would say this Movie is very much like Back to the Future Part 2 in that respect some people just don't like it some people don't see the problem with it.

Anyway it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected and considering the writers strike I think it's amazing it's as perfectly OK as it.

I'd say it's probably better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or Attack of the Clones anyway to give a couple of examples. probably on a par with Hell Boy.

I can see why it was a good mass audience movie. but as I said the F word usage did make me raise an eyebrow.

2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I like ROTF better than the first, too :) 

3. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    One thing that pisses me off, are people who hate the film based off of the negative things they read/heard someone else say. I didn't think it was possible, but yeah, I've come across jerkasses who hate on the film just cuz their friend said there were dogs humping and racist bots. So they haven't seen it, nor will, but they bash. That's so not rad.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    what was insane was when the movie first came out, throughout the initial bitching about the twins and devastator's balls, NOBODY mentioned ravage died, i mean, i followed every spoiler thread and nobody mentioned it

to my suprise, i was watching the movie and when ravage gets killed my jaw hit the floor, that scene was absolutely AMAZING!!!! and yet nobody even mentioned it.....most of the bitching towards the movie is unwarranted......it is better than the second

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    My only beef with people bitching about the movie is that a good bit of them call those of us who even found ONE THING enjoyable about this film, continue on to call us moronic bottom feeders who gobble up every little bit of shit that falls our way. That's a bigger insult to my intelligence than humping dogs will ever be.

6. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

When was the f word used?

7. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's when they muffle the sound a bit just after Sam is hit.... almost feels like it was a goof by Fox getting a bit too into the role for a moment... and it was left in. Didn't notice it the first few viewings actually....

8. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad you liked it! Putting my opinions on the movie aside, I think we can all agree that it's better and more fun to like something and have a good time, rather than to dislike something :D 

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The US ratings system is a bit odd so you get to drop the old "f" bomb once in a film and can still get a PG-13 rating. Drop the "f" bomb several times and you end up with a rated R film even though everything else was the same.

There is a pretty funny joke in the movie Be Cool where John Travolta's character is explaining how strange and messed up the rating system is by only letting you drop one "f" bomb. He then says "You know what I say to that? Fuck 'em." and it's the only time the word is used in the film.

10. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to hijack your thread or anything, but am I the only one that hears Simmons go "What? I wear em' when I wanna fck." when he exposes his underwear.

PS. It wasn't a protoform that delivered Sam's Parents. That was Rampage. Yellow Rampage doesn't exist, save for Devy's leg. Centaur Rampage really doesn't exist. Creation by Hasbro's artistic license. The Protoform that kidnapped the parents looked EXACTLY like Grindor too, but he was dead at that point.

11. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I got the impression the underwear thing was something that just does not culturally translate and it reminded me as much as anything of people who wear Superman underroos. I saw it as a geeky thing more than a sexual thing.

I swear Sam's Mom makes a reference to An*l sex when she's high too. unless it's a reference I'm misreading or misunderstanding what she says for someother American slang term I didn't understand.

When I first saw Sam's Parent's Kidnapped I asumed it was Rampage from what I'd read and that they were spat out of the bulldozer later on.

But rewinding the movie and looking again the character who kidnaps them in France has a protoform body and hands and a Decepticon logo shaped face like Barricade and Blackout had.

If you look the kidnapper he has no helicopter kibble on it anywhere.
    And the face is not the same as Rampage. so either it's Rampage before he scanned an earth mode and his head changed or it is a protoform as I originally suggested.

At one stage I think Barricade was rumored to be the kidnapper but this was later dropped.

I heard about Ravage being "Filleted like a fish" so I knew he was going to not survive.

I was more surprised by how little the Constructicons / Construction Transformers in general are in it and how they seem to have forgotten to bring Jolt along with them or give him anything to do in the movie.

There's an awful lot of dusty explosions hiding things if I have any hope for the furture it's that each character gets some kind of moment that makes them more memorable and ideally more than one.

Sideswipe pretty much only dispatches Sideways and does precious little else.

Thinking back again though there's definately a few spots where the Autobots & Decepticons could have spoke in vehicle mode to add a little more character to them.

Starscream could have taunted the Autobots in his jet mode, and Skids and Mudflap could have spoke to Simons. there's no reason why they can't broadcast their speech via the car stereo like Bumblebee does with his communications.

Oh and Alice, Crikey Lock up your sons that girl is indecent - and she was so sweet as Tasha on Home and Away too.

Though she always was a very pretty lass too :

http://backtothebay.net/multimedia/wallpaper/1024_tasha.jpg

She was rarely Predatory.

[edit] That's odd whenever I click on that link it goes to Ebay you might need to copy and past the text

Unless someone's hacked the TFW2005 website or I have a Malware infection of some odd sort.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Just watch the film with the closed captioning on...you'll see all the words, good, bad or fugly. :) 

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    OP, you are perverse. :p 

14. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hence why I stay the fuck away from sites such as IMDB and any others because I swear that some of those folks there must have mental problems or something. Heck some of them feel that genocide of part of a population that enjoyed the movie would be beneficial to society, such as gassing all the theaters. Now I'll admit that there are tons of stuff out that grind my gears, quite a bit actually. Stuff such as Justin Bieber and the goddamn popularity that is Fred of Youtube, just to name a few. As much as I don't care for any of them, I wouldn't wish death on them or any of there fans. What kind of sick individuals get off to that stuff? Though I'm pretty sure that the majority of these folks leaving such vitriol comments aren't serious and maybe just trollish attempts, but you can never tell with humans.

15. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Sounds like it, doesn't it? But what he actually says is "I wear 'em when I'm in a funk".

16. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    someone on HISSTANK swears that they use the n-word in the movie....does anyone else remember that?

17. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Glad you liked it. Some people might think I'm weird, but I have two DVD versions of ROTF, the regular one and the one that comes with the transforming Bee case, hehe. :) 

18. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

even thought i loved both of them i'd give a small edge to rotf. i had goosebumps from start to finish.

19. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Perverse heretic!
    Don't feel bad man, I love the second one.

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Yea, it was pretty much a baseball reference.

I still feel that the first movie was better put together, but I think that ROTF was a victim of the writers strike, Bay and Paramount's over ambition to meet deadlines, ILM's CGI being rushed because of time constraints, bad editing, and the disease of more.