Guardian robots question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Backstop, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    me and my son were watching some of the old episodes today, Anyway long story short we were watching wardawn and at one point. My son said why do they never show the Guardian robots transform? I said to him I was pretty sure only Omega Supreme could transform as he was a special one. Now am I correct? Just curious as I remember that from somewere but can't exactly think of were ?lol...

2. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes, he's the only one that can transform.

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian_Robots

3. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I thought the concept of the Guardian robots was pretty cool. It was interesting to have these giant enforcers of the law on Cybertron.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    all i can see right now is backstop n jr goin AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As the Guardian Robots were originally created by the Quintessons (when they were called "Dark Guardians," as seen in the season 3 episode, "Forever is a Long Time Coming"), it is logical that they can't transform, since none of the Quintessons early creations did, only developing the skill later. Presumably, Omega - being unique in that he was sentient - chose to get himself pimped out with an alt mode.

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always went with the assumption that the Guardian robots were big powerful drones with no sentience. Given their lack of sentience, the Decepticons were able widdle down their numbers over time. Omega was like any other guardian robot, till he took a major pounding at the hands of the Decepticons. Seeing their most powerful weapon slowly being eradicated, the Autobots rebuilt Omega's body gave him full sentience and the ability to transform, perhaps to better control the remaining Guardian robots.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Depends on how you take it. Omega Supreme could well have been built as a "general" class unit for the Guardian robots, giving him the advanced AI and sentience needed to control an army like that. On the other hand, perhaps he was a Guardian rewarded for distinguished service with a Spark from Vector Sigma and an upgraded body.

I'd like to thin that perhaps Omega belongs to a higher, special class of Guardians that were more advanced, more powerful, and smaller in numbers, and that he is merely the last surviving member of this class. I must admit, though, I prefer the IDW presentation of him, such as it is. Hopefully we will learn more of him once his old rivals come into play.

8. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I remember the old days when Omega had the last line of defense mystique working for him. Back when he basically faded the whole earthbound crew of Deceps when Megatron was foolish enough to lead his forces against him in battle.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Starscream: O...Omega Su...Supreme? *trembles in terror*

10. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

You know I totally forgot about underbase powered screamer giving omega the super kewl guy magic fingers of death. That blew just like when sunstorm basically repeated the move in the DW strip years later.

11. Johnator

I like that second idea a lot that he was rewarded and an upgrade. Sounds pretty cool. I just got a thought. I am really for a Omega Supreme Spotlight comic. What do you guys think?

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Hell yeah, bring on the Omega love.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    With IDW's take on Omega and his joint history with Nova Prime & Jhiaxus, I'd say it's a dead cert we'll be seeing something up the road. A spotlight on him would almost certainly delve into their history and explain a lot about Nova Prime and how he came to leave Cybertron, as well as fleshing out Omega.
    I think that one may well be a matter of when, not if.

14. Johnator

Awesome news. Sounds perfect to me. I have always found Omega to be the most interesting of the bigger/combiner robots. I bet his story will be excellent.