GTA fans/addicts...they actually DID make "Liberty City Stories" for PS2.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I say that with a period instead of an exclamation point because I realize that it's not the world's most wild and crazy news, (compared to all of the Wii and PS3 and 360 buzz.)

Still, if you're a GTA fan and addicted to the series (like me,) GTA "Liberty City Stories" is out for the PS2. That make-a me happy, because it means they might do "Vice City Stories" for PS2 as well. I picked it up for $18 at EB Games today.

So, a little tiny happy dance from me. For all those demanding their Wii, PS3 and 360 news...I'm so sorry. I'll now shuttamymouf. :confused2 

2. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

Its funny how these Stories editions are essentially special edition ports of PS2 games,which are then ported back to the PS2.

I do have to say that these remixed versions of the game are alot of fun though. Would be nice if Vice City Stories wasnt $60 CDN for psp though. There is no way any PSP game is worth that much let alone a rehash of an old PS2 game.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's, uh...kinda old news, it came out months ago. >.> Hehe.

But yeah, I totally expect VC Stories to get ported for a fraction of the price of the PSP version as well. Annoying for me, but eh. Haven't picked up any version of either of the GTA Stories yet.

4. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Ugh, I'm tired of seeing clones of Grand Theft Auto games. I realized that when I was playing GTA: LCS for my PSP. It took me 3 months to realize "It's just a PSP version of GTA3! ZOMFGWTFBBQ!!!11!!" I mean, don't get me wrong, the GTA series kicks ass. It's just that playing a game like Vice City or San Andreas makes me think it's just a clone of GTA3, only set in a different place and time period (Vice City-80's, San Andreas-Early 90's, GTA3-2000's, Liberty City Stories-1998?). Sure, the games are different because of expanded land to explore, different weapons, different cars, but there's one thing that makes every GTA game for the PS2 and Xbox common: THE GAMEPLAY IS THE SAME. It just annoys me. Liberty City Stories and GTA3? SAME. Vice City Stories and GTA: Vice City? SAME. Another GTA PSP game saying "San Andreas Stories" and GTA: San Andreas? SAME!

Look, I don't want to be a jackass, but the same-assed gameplay is getting old, IMO. Give us a NEW Grand Theft Auto Game that isn't just guns, cars, and gangs. How about a GTA game from another character's point of view? Maybe a GTA: Online, perhaps? That would be amazing.

I don't think I can stand clones of video games. Hell, the Mario Party series is starting to make me realize that Mario Parties 1-7 (and 8 for the Wii. Yes folks, a Mario Party 8 for the Wii, using the Wiimote for Minigames) has just been the same damn thing over and over again since Mario Party 1. I like Mario Party, but it's only because of the characters you can play as and the minigames. Each Mario Party game had a different set of Minigames, and a different story mode. But you know, once you start playing, guess what? Same gameplay. It's been driving me nuts. Sure, Mario Parties 6 and 7 came with a Microphone for the Gamecube, but that was for some minigames. I really hope that Mario Party 8 will use the Wiimote and its nunchuck attachment for all minigames, and if it's only for some, that's fine, but I'm just gonna beat it within a month, sell it, and then realize why I even bother buying games that I can easily beat.

Rant over.

5. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Rockstar said somewhere (it was in a story on gamespot) that they didnt plan on porting VC Stories to PS2.

6. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Well, that's a relief. :) 

7. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

They said they aren't porting it because its a waste of a team when they are already full steam ahead on GTA 4

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yikes. Anger! Hatred! RRRGH!

I like the GTA series because it's comfortable. I don't have to re-learn a bunch of controls, I know the maps pretty well, and they've provided me with a whole new series of missions to do again. There's a ridiculously tiny but definite element of nostalgia in being back on the streets of Liberty City again.

Look, I'm poor and ambivalent. New games, new setups, new graphics, etc. at this point mean new platform, as everyone's gearing up for mass production of games for the Wii, 360, PS3, etc. All that means buying new merchandise. I don't wanna. I have a video game system which allows me to play pretty cool video games as it is.

It'd be awesome if they released Vice City stories on the PS2, but I'm honestly not holding my breath. I recognize where the market is going and I recognize that I'm playing an old product. But it's still good for gaming.

9. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and call bullshit. They said the same thing about LCS.

And that statement also doesn't stop them from putting it out on oh say... any other system going.