Digibash: GS03 - Sideswipe vs Ramjet, A digibash.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by The Phazer, Aug 19, 2005.

1. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

A little something I've been cooking up. These are based on the GF Armada retools, and are basically ideas of how to continue that theme. They're based in reality as far as I could - they do feature resculpting, but not vast increases in part counts (nothing the loss of the minicon wouldn't counterbalence). Generally they have about the same number of paint aps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a breakdown of where the retools are, just in case you were wondering -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Phazer

2. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

nice digibash

3. WRX-78

WRX-78 Well-Known Member

I'd be all over it, like a fat kid on cake.

4. Salvanis

Salvanis Probably not a true fan.

Throw in some neck motion on Sideswipe there, and I too would be all over it. Maybe retooling the jet's nose/cockpit section to be more sleek, but that's an aesthetic issue I have with the original mold rather than with your digibash. Everything else is great.

I dig the backstories, too. Ramjet as Thunderbird is totally sweet.

5. imported_Tony_Bacala

imported_Tony_Bacala Guest

These, even just as regular repaints, are a perfect example of what exclusives or universe figures should be.

There is no reason to release anything less when a fan can conceptualize and create what should be done on his home computer.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    its great for the g1 fans. but would newer, younger fans care/find them attractive? curious.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think they would. There bright shiny and look nice!

Excellent job on the digibash!

8. The Phazer

I'd like to put neck articulation in Sideswipe myself, but I was trying to limit myself to remolding of the same extent as used on the other GF Armada remolds and that would be a pretty significant remolding job.

You'd also have to bear in mind the cockpit section has to be blunt for toy safety reasons.

Thanks. I threw it in as an afterthought, but I'm actually really happy with how that worked out in retrospect.

In the convention's defense, they don't appear to be able to leave any lasting changes on the molds, and so their "retools" are in fact just new sprues - which doesn't really work for these two (well, it might work for Ramjet).

I looked at it this way - at the current release rate, Hasbro is going to run out of deluxes in Cybertron by what, about February? They need to fill the cases up with something, and I think retooled toys like these would sell a lot better than recolours of other existing Cyberton toys.

I don't see why the G1 refrences should be at least as appealing as Longrack, Blurr, Buzzsaw etc personally.

Phazer

9. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

Very cool, dunno about the seeker, but the Sides would be a must have. :) 

Why not? It's a freakin' red slick lookin' sports car, why do you think kids "back then" bought it? :) 

Think of it this way, with the current repainters, instead of this one, we'd get a blue + lime green + yellow + pink car before this one, because this one hasn't got My Little Flower Powerpony written all over it, it's just cool. For kids, I don't think colors really matter, I mean we even bought pink G2 toys, right? Red or pink, red or pink, red or pink...

10. The Phazer

Made one or two minor changes to Sideswipe. The missiles were the wrong colour for the sprues, and the silver livens it up a bit anyway.

Phazer

11. WIIGII

WIIGII Member

GAHHH!! Sideswipe!! Hasbro definitely needs to do that repaint! :thumb 

12. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    I would LOVE to have both of thease! Great work! Really awsome!

13. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I really like that Ramjet. I'd buy him in a heart beat!

14. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I love Ramjet being flying mosters of legand. Very nice work.

15. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

There only seems to be one thing that's off with Ramjet that I don't like too much - keeping the portion of his jet mode where Inferno would sit. It would be hard to believe that that portion couldn't have something added to make it fit with the rest of the jet - heck, some new fold-up weapon there would be a prime spot for a Force Chip gimmick.

Otherwise, these look positively awesome. I'd gladly give the A Thrust mold another shot if it was something like this, and Sideswipe's pure awesomeness. :)