Groundwork for Botcon Animated Menasor

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Automaster, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think you'll see anything new here other than a colorscheme. I was messing around with my Botcon Stunticons to see if I could get them into approximations of limbs and was surprised to see that Wildrider and Breakdown can be transformed to make really great legs. After I made my discovery I looked on here and saw that in some shape of form other Radicons over the years have discovered this too. Anyway, here's a look at what the color scheme at least would look like if there was ever an addon kit or some other nifty way to combine them was found. Maybe this will inspire someone more talented than I to go to the next level. I have a loose set and plan to experiment on them....

Any ideas for connecting them are most welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'd highly recommend NOT trying to physically modify the actual Botcon exclusives. Those things are FAR to valuable to waste on an experiment like this. At the very least, get the original molds for any modifications you may need to make, you'll save money and the condition of those valuable exclusives.

3. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well yeah, any tinkering I do would be on the general release molds, then if/when perfected, attempted on the Botcon ones. Thanks.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had the idea that if someone were to try and make a combined mode they should use Motormasters trailer as a shell or frame of sorts. Basically something that kind of unfolds and you plug the bots into to form Menasor.

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Yeah, you should attempt this via add-on parts (sort of like the FP combiner addons) without changing the base figures. Store them in a trailer or something =)

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Dude.

If a third party were able to make connection parts for that I'd buy it in a fricken heartbeat.

7. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    ^yes. I would have bought these if they could have combined

8. mikeflosi

mikeflosi Well-Known Member

wow you're crazy! I like it!

9. sherpole

sherpole Undiscover Talent

Ebay:
    but 3rd party must consider not all around the world get this exclusive. so they will lose money then. only way if they make connection is way, wayyyyyyyyy expensive, kinda exclusives above exclusives. but at the end, if u really done it, we all here to phrase it and admire it.

10. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i'm working on it too, have been for awhile. it's bound to happen!

11. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'd think to have Wildrider facing the other way. Instead of toes, why not have his arms act as heels?

12. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There were rumors at Botcon that someone is already working on making a trailer for motormaster that would include add-on parts to do this...

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I know that it's your money and that you can do as you please, but I would experiment with non-exclusives first. And even then, I'd go the FP route and create add-on parts that won't hurt the Botcon figures in any way. That just seems like the best route. You get an actual combined mode without shaving off an ounce of plastic from the Botcon set.

And you know what, someone with the casting savvy and resources could make multiple add-on kits to sell. I really think this would enhance the experience of owning the Botcon set even more.

14. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

I think the best and easiest way to connect these is to make parts that fit into existing holes and slots (without modding the toys). For example, utilizing the emptiness under wildriders hood to fit something in there and around the legs for it to lock into. The round divets or holes under "The" Motormaster's feet could be anouther connection point. I'd go around all the figures and take a mental note of every tab or slot that you could take advantage of. it may get a little complicated, but I think the majority of people would prefer that over modding there Botcon toys.

Randy!

15. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    how many animated stunticon sets did FB make?

16. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    According to this page, there were 2000 sets made.
    1600 for Boxed Sets
    400 for Bagged Sets

17. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    I did something similar with my SG Predacons. They where not modded in any way but after I made my custom SG headstrong and trantrum i made it so they would connect together without hurting the botcon toys.

18. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    The secret there is for the third party company to make as many add-on kits as there is botcon sets. Limited run and all that, if theres a 100 of one figure, you only make 100 of the addon. Simple enough.

19. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Even still, should make a little less, since not everyone with the set will necessarily buy 'em.

20. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

While I agree with this, the point could also be made that if someone was going to buy the animated box set, they are most likely a fan and would want a way to combine them. Even if someone was a stunticons only fan, the option to make them combine would be cool. But yeah, a little less would be smart.

thing is, I think you could make something using the trailer for add on parts that makes the legs and body look pretty good, but the arms are going to be the tough part. I really want to see this happen, but until I see good looking arms, i'm not sold yet.

We should start "harassing" Mr Wyatt for a combined mode pic. I forgot to ask him about that when I saw him at Botcon.

Randy!