Groomsman Gift? PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Apr 24, 2010.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    My wedding is May the 8th......One of my groomsmen is a casual collector who has a fairly sizeable collection. Him and his wife have been invaluable in helping with our wedding both time/$$$ etc. wise.

Because of this, I'd like to get him something extra in addition to the groomsman gifts I got everyone else.

I'm looking to buy him something Transformers related in the $70-$80 range as this extra gift. He is a big fan of Megatron.....I was looking to get him a Masterpiece Megatron but, the prices for this figure have jumped way up again.

Another thought I had was getting him both HA Bumblebee and HA Barricade.....he is a big fan of the movies and is also a cop so Barricade is especially appropriate.

Like I said, he is a casual collector so he has no idea about the HA line.....I believe he will be pleasantly surprised with these HA figures.

I'm asking for your help because I feel like Masterpiece Megatron would be a home run and while HA figures are great, they would be a huge step down in this situation.

Any other ideas/suggestions for a gift would be much appreciated. THANKS!!

2. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

I would say henkei megatron its under $70 and its awesome and since he is a megatron fan it would great for him

3. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The HA toys, especially those two, would be a great idea. Particularly if he likes the first movie.

Or you could always spring for a Henkei release of his favorite G1 character.

4. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

I say henkei megatron. I don't own it but it looks awsome and in you price range.

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You could aways get him both BB & Baricade HA. That would get you to the $70 range.

6. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im not a fan of that particular mold of megatron. I would say the HA figures especially since he likes the movies.

7. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Human Alliance is the way to go!

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Henkei Megs or Alternity Megs... they're both cheaper than MP Megs, but they're in your price range and they're pretty well-liked by collectors.

But, the "Barricade cos he's a cop" idea is a good one too. Or Alternators Prowl?

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
  10. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i say the 2 HA figs, however, i think as a practical novelty item, possibly a device label soundwave (white, blue, or black) or even the mouse grimlock and usb ravage.....

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    keep an eye out on the boards for MP megs, there is one on cybertron.ca for 75 cdn right now that devastator is selling, maybe check with him?

12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like Foster's suggestion.

13. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't give him the HA stuff. HA are easily accessible and not particularly thoughtful.

Get alternity megs instead. Well within your budget and not common like the HA figures.

But, MP megs would be the best gift.

Might as well get a kremzeek(spelling?) for him too.

14. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think Foster has a great suggestion as well.

15. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I don't know. If it were me, I would say, "What the hell, get him the MP Megatron." But if price is really an issue, then the Alternity Megatron is cool. The fact that it's an import is pretty special. That would make the Henkei fall into that category but I think Alternity Megs is more unique.

16. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Go with Henkei Megatron...both HA figures are easily purchased at retail. I have G1, Masterpiece, and Henkei Classics Megatron...and while Masterpiece Megatron is my favorite...henkei is pretty cool.

Make sure he doesn't have the hasbro classics version first though...Henkei's paint job is much better...but if I already had hasbro's version...getting the same figure with a nicer paint job wouldn't be that exciting.

17. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I would up the budget and go with MP Megs (especially with him being a Megatron fan, and Definately if he happens not to know that it exists). It may cost a little more than $70, but an extra $40 or so to tell a good friend thank-you is a great gesture, and in the longrun, what does $40 really matter, for me it is ditching the coffee (or another bad habit or two) for a few weeks. Lost and Found Toys still has the modded one for $100. That is where I got mine long ago for that same price (it does have the safety plug, mine didnt): Transformers Masterpiece MP-05 Megatron Lost and Found Toys

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Henkei or Alternity Megs + HA Barricade sounds like a cool idea to me, especially if MP Megs is a no go.

19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess go with what he would like better. You said he is a causual collector so why would it matter to him the 'rarity' or 'value' of the item. You might get him a $70 Alternitiy figure he might have enjoyed a HA better.

20. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I recommend getting him HA Barricade, since he likes the movies and happens to be a cop.

Of course, that's just me.