GRIPE: Buying toys with missing parts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by highlander3000, Sep 15, 2009.

1. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I bought Animated Starscream about a month back and he was missing his head.

I just bought the Gathering at Nemesis. I had to take Megatron apart to repair the automorph gimmick and I just discovered that the Fallen is missing a piece on his leg.

It is frustrating to have to keep returning toys. Don't even get me started on the stores that put mistransformed junk thrown in a package back on the shelves.

Just had to rant for a minute.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I've just come to accept that the majority of the time I buy a figure something is going to be wrong with it :[

3. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is why I try to buy things as soon as I see they are released.
    I don't want to buy a returned figure.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, either I have lucked out in the past or the QC has just gotten terrible with this line. I am still in search of a new Long Haul to replace the one I got with glued together parts. The first Jetfire I got was missing a tailfin (shipped from HTS), and the first Scalpel I looked at had no antena. Couple those problems with the terrible silver paint on both HA Sideswipe (atleast mine) and Ejector, and this line has given me some serious issues. It is too bad because I actually like a fair amount of the movie toys, I just don't like waking up to Mixmaster from Devastator making random noises.

5. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Jetfire was missing a tailfin as well.

6. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I have always been pretty lucky as far as I know. May have to go back and check some stuff:confused: 

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Perhaps. I'd at least take a look at the metal pins and see if any have cracked plastic around them or have even been driven in all the way or at bad angles. Go! Everyone look now!! I spread TF toy paranoia everywhere! :D 
    Yup. It's a bummer to have to check before buying that something has all the tires (missing tires seems to be what follows me around my TF buying these days), other bits intact and pins that haven't cracked plastic joints (another problems I regularly find). And then have to check again when I get home for the areas I couldn't see while in pack.
    Never used to have to do this, but since the '07 movie I've had lots of problems I'd never encountered in all the time since I started collecting TF way back in 1984. Nowadays if someone wants to buy me a TF for birthday or Christmas I tell them to just give me the cash for it because it's a real pisser to open a TF present and find something is missing or broken.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I bought a Voyager Megatron a few months ago and when I opened him his leg fell off. The screw that held it on was stripped. That was a pisser.

9. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I bought a Universe Sunstreaker and one of the screws had a pin there instead. just slid right out :p 

10. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

i got the fallen 2 weeks ago and when i unboxed him his friggin head fell off WTF?!?! i also got a voyager starscream and his left wrist pin was missing. rotf line SUX!!

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I have been lucky so far in getting ROTF toys, the worst case was the ROTF Smokescreen I got that was missing a whole silver paint app in the grill (I of course never intended to get the Jazz repaint, it was a B-day gift from a friend not-in-the-know), and that was easily remidied with my own silver paint in the area (along with some more paint details for the otherwise not-to-colorful robot mode).

12. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Thundercracker: fingers on his right hand missing

"masterpiece" indeed

13. Riltht

Riltht Full-Time Doomsayer

Only one I've had is a Uni. Sunstreaker missing a foot.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    just remember folks never go directly to the source with your problems (ie contact hasbro). they say they will exchange it but all they do is go grab something from the bottom of the bin and send it. i lost universe inferno and animated wreck-gar that way (never was able to replace them)

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Adding my lament: I bought a Henkei Dinobot at Botcon, from one of the booth sellers there. It was MISB, and so I didn't realize till I got home and opened it that missing one of the little fold-out claws on his legs. Since it was an import, and bought from a booth that was long gone, returning it wasn't really an option.

Now I don't quite know what to do with the thing.... I can deal with missing weapons, but missing body parts are annoying. One of these days I'll probably just bite the bullet and replace him flat out.

16. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Back when it first started appearing on store shelves, the first Animated figures I bought had the worst QC of any toy line I have ever collected. Heck, just to list them:

Voyager Starscream: Fingers, left arm, head, and tail fins all came off at the slightest touch. I've fixed it by now, but it was a mess.

Deluxe Prowl: Barely had a face, kickstand fell off right after taking him out of the package, incredibly floppy joints, and paint smears. My Samurai Prowl is much improved.

Deluxe Cybertron Prime: The only one that didn't have any overly annoying problems. The axe head just came off extremely easily.

Battle Begins 2 Pack Prime and Megs: Both were extremely floppy. Prime's smokestacks had to be glued in.

Animated Bumblebee: The socket the right arm's ball joint goes into was broken so the arm couldn't be attached on. On top of that, on my new one its impossible to transform back to car mode without a knife or something to slide the rear "bumper" down. It gets caught and you can't collapse the waist properly.

Lockdown: Extremely floppy and the infamous hands.

Most of them are fixed now, and I don't mean to bash the figures themselves as I find them all very cool, but the QC was just downright horrible.

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I sorta had that with a screw that had no thread on BayFormers '07 Landmine. It was an odd small screw size too so I had to search a bit to find a proper one to replace it with.

18. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

My deepspace Starscream came with two right tail rudders...:banghead: