Grindor's Spark is in his head?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jametron, Aug 2, 2009.

1. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Apparently. Because when his face was ripped in 2, he was done.

WTF?

I guess I shouldn't be shocked, Frenzy pulled the same trick in TF1.

So, what's the deal here? Obviously I understand that having his face torn in 2 isn't a good thing either, but should it have killed him seemingly instantly like that? As far as I could tell (still only seen ROTF once) Prime didn't damage Grindor's Spark.

2. death_lock

death_lock Member

i would think that it would be hard to move around without a brain

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Because of all the weird tricks they had to pull over the years, mostly in the comics, to assure us they could go very far in hurting the Transformers, but still get them back for future episodes, it has kind of given the impression that Transformers are somehow invincible as long as the spark stays intact.

I have no trouble in seeing that a character would die if his head would get crushed or ripped apart, even if his spark isn't in there. Like humans, I am pretty sure there is some sort of neural network in most TF heads, and their spark will die out if that's destroyed. Just like with other creatures..sure, our heart isn't damaged, but if our brains go splooey, it sure stops beating.

In fact, I'd say a brain is more important than a heart, since the brain controls all of your organs, stores memories, etc. A spark is nice in that it gives you your lifeforce, but the brain is equally important the least.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Or it's simple shock to the system. TFs, being machines are much hardier than organic life forms, but they still feel pain and such reactions we feel when injured.

Tearing Grindor's head apart obviously caused such a reaction that it killed him, while other times TFs are fine when their heads are knocked off. But really, at the end of the day, just whatever the story needs.

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Could've just disabled him by eliminating a central processor, even if the spark was still intact. Transformers have often survived minus their heads in the Transformers multiverse.
    Maybe Grindor will be back as a Headmaster in TF3
    :lol 

6. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Human hearts are in the chest, yet if you rip someone’s head apart they die. Why does this thread exist?

7. cnic

cnic Decepticon

God I hope they don't go there in the movieverse

8. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I agree

With less than 10 examples (Brawl, Blackout, Megatron, Jazz, Bonecrusher, Megatron, Frenzy, and Prime) we don't have enough to construct a very robust theory of what does and does not kill transformers beyond repair...or what that repair entails.

Please keep in mind we don't know if anyone will repaired from the "deaths" of TF2 yet.

9. Triceradon

Triceradon In it for the rage

It doesn't matter if you have the healthiest heart/spark on the planet, if your face is ripped in two, you will die.

10. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Apparently destroying the Spark of a Transformer = Forever Dead.

Unless you're an Optimus Prime that has a human buddy wielding a dusty Matrix sock.

Regardless, a Transformer can be incapasitated indefinitely by damage, but not entirely dead. This is nothing new.

11. cnic

cnic Decepticon

This is so very true

12. Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    It seems that frequently, though, a Transformer's spark is where their "consciousness" is. As long as the spark is intact, a Transformer can survive even if their body is destroyed.
    For example, the Vehicon generals from Beast Machines had their sparks removed from their original bodies and placed in new ones. And Starscream manages to survive just as a floating spark because that's where his "consciousness" is.

13. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

Grindor still had a better spark location than Heinrad.

14. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Here's how it goes
    Some Bots are placed to be brutally killed(Grindor) for the "sweet" factor
    Other bots can die but if they're essential to the plot they can magically come back to life thanks to(insert Allspark, Matrix, any other magical device)

15. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

I see it as the movie bots can survive as just head, if the head is intact. It's like with Frenzy. Hr was fine as just a head, but slice his head up real good, and he's gone. With Grindor, his head was cut in two. Self explanitory.

However, it could be Frenzy was dexigned to survive as just a head. Big TF's like Grindor might by killed by severing there heads or slicing them up.

MTL

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yep

There isn't any real rhyme or reason to what can kill a movieverse transformer. Head shots tend to work unless you're Megatron, then you can have half your face blown off and live.

Frenzy was able to survived decapitation, but then dies by slicing half his face off.

Basicly, there isn't much thought put into the why or the wherefore.

17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I read this as though it were a line from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", and haven't stopped laughing.

18. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Y'know...this has me thinking if there will be a third look-a-like in the next movie. Like some sort of running joke that the same body model keeps on getting used. And that they keep dying in more and more extravagant ways.

19. Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    Actually, according to ROTF prequel literature, Frenzy did survive while in Simmons's possession, despite being just half a head.

20. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

I'd like to point out Jetfire ripped out his own spark, talked then died.

Same case with Megatron and Optimus Prime when they were dead. They were sparkless till McGuffins brought them back to life.