Grimlock's backstory.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, May 1, 2016.

1. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

Do you mean Scowl? He´s an Ankylosaurus and worked for Thunderhoof.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    After finding out what role Cyclonus would have in RID15 later on I have a feeling that's going to have a strong connection to why Grimlock was imprisoned to begin with.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TLP

TLP Ain't No Chicken Wing

News Credits:
    Imagine that. They may be attempting to finally fix up some continuity issues with this Aligned universe. Maybe they'll explain the deal with Sideswipe being young all of a sudden?

4. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd imagine that RiD2015 Sideswipe is a different Sideswipe, probably name after the original one that died in the war. It makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Even IF Sideswipe and Grimlock from WFC/FOC existed at all in this timeline, and that's dubious at best, their counterparts in RID are DIFFERENT CHARACTERS WITH THE SAME NAMES.

Does every person on Earth have their own unique name? No, really? There's multiple Pauls, Margarets, Johns, Jamals, and Jamies?

There's no reason to think that Cybertron, with its innumerable Transformers over millennia wouldn't have some names used more than once.

I'll eat a boiled sock if RID retcons the two Grimlocks and the two Sideswipes to be the same respective individuals.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Keep in mind, they were never originally meant to be called Grimlock and Sideswipe, Hasbro decided to use those names, they had other names for them originally.

also I don't subscribe to the idea that Prime/RID/Rescue Bots and the Cybertron games/Exodus are same continuity. They're their own thing.

7. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes I am aware, but when Grimlock was added they did try to incorporate his FoC backstory before deciding that it wouldn't fit in with tone they were aiming for. So they had considered the possibility.