Grimlock's attitude

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kouri, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I figure there're plenty of folks who're upset with G1 Grimmy changing from rampaging beast to the butt of plenty of jokes, but how would you prefer he act now? He's still got a bit of the rampage in him, but Meltdown's torture shows that he can still be a bit submissive.

Personally, I'd luff something like *Sari petting Grimlock*
    Bumblebee: Awww, isn't he just cuddly. . .
    Grimlock: RAWR! ME NO CUDDLY! ME KING! RAWR!
    Sari: *gets back to petting* Yes yes, and who's a good king? Who's a good king? *pet pet*
    Grimlock: Grimlock king. X3

Aaaanywho, comment away?

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hmm... could be fun to watch.

Personally, I always liked the way he acted in seasons 1&2 of G1. He was serious, but funny in his own way because he was... well, Grimlock. :) 

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

in some reasonable part, where possible, they should try to portray him as being intelligent in that deceptively unintelligent manner of speaking

you know like how his chracter was portrayed in the dw comics in that regard

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well seeing how Lugnut ISN'T dumb, Grimlock probably gonna take the place of the show's rampaging dumbass.

5. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

This Grimlock has pretty much acted like a pansy for lack of a better word. The episode with Meltdown really made me wince. Grimlock was scared of Meltdown and even said a line that made me want to cry.
    "Me Grimlock sorry" to Meltdown.
    That was just awful........Grimlock should be a brave leader of the Dinobots and the most intelligent. Acting like that certainly doesn't fit that mold.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I've got to agree with that too... any other incarnation of Grimlock -being melted or not- would have kept going at Meltdown until one of them were dead... or someone pulled Grimlock back...

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    He'll get his moment of glory. He's not really had a chance to find out what he's capable of yet, so maybe he simply didn't know he could take Meltdown.

Also, I thought Grimlock was apologizing to the others for turning against them. Prowl and Bulkhead trusted him, in a way, and he betrayed them. That's the way I read the scene.

8. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hmm... hadn't thought of that. Perhaps I should have. :lol 

Well, hopefully he's gets his chance to show what he can do as he's supposedly just as strong as Megatron.

9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the dinobot train stopped with the meltdown episode, I have a hard time understanding how Grimlock gave in to Meltdown and crew. I mean he would have to be drugged...really

10. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it sucks but it may be true... Atleast Snarl and Swoop have been silent thus far :^(

11. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

He's a being of lesser intelligence who responds to pain. He's not going to screw with something that could actually kill him.

12. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

But the Grimlock we have known from the past wouldn't have CARED. He would have gone after that pathetic Meltdown villain anyway. I just can't believe that it happened that way.

13. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

But this Grimlock isn't the Grimlock we have know from the past. Simple as that.

14. thekryle

thekryle Well-Known Member

But he still has fire breath and a fire sword. I think fire would mess with meltdown.

15. Radioactive Ravage

Too true. Sure, this Grimlock fights things that genuinely make him angry, but when his life is in absolute peril, he's going to back down. He's more intelligent in that aspect, which is a good thing. Personally, I was never a fan of "Me Grimlock ******ed" in Season 3.

16. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Except he got the brain of a... pumpkin and probably didn't realize he could beat that guy.
    But to be fair, it looks like Meltdown is quite THE villain! You know, almost killing Bulkhead with one shot and all, I wouldn't doubt Meltdown could KO one of the Dinobots aswell.

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    True, but the point we were getting at is:

And that's true enough, but I think that's why it's disappointing to me. And, while I won't speak for Johnator, I'd say maybe for him too.

Honestly, neither was I, but S1 & 2 Grimlock would have fought him anyways and WON! Might have taken a lot of damage, but I bet that his fire breath might cause Meltdown to... meltdown... :D 

Honestly, S1 & 2 Grimlock never struck me as stupid (like he did in S3), but just too stubborn to know he probably shouldn't do something or that the direct course (even if you succeed) isn't always the best course.

Now, that doesn't mean I'm not going to wait and see how this Grimlock handles himself... after all... I've only seen two episodes with him in it, but I know one thing... if he doesn't get a chance to hand Megatron his behind (he's supposed to be stronger than Megs) than I'm going to be ticked off.

18. Radioactive Ravage

Fair enough. I suppose I can't beat your nostalgia to death with a stick.

Er... Rocket Axe. :lol 

I'm just kidding, and I'm totally with you on Grimlock being a badass trump card. I'd like to see that, too, but I also see the Dinobots as evolving characters right now. They've only transformed once as a group, so they're getting accustomed to being badass. Hopefully we will see them destroy many-a-con soon.

19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :lol  thanks... I don't want my nostalgia to be beaten! I've got to little of that as is when it comes to G1 (seriously... I'm very critical of that series) :p 

Yeah, you're right. They are evolving right now and hopefully they'll show their true abilities later on. Though I did read somewhere that Ultra Magnus actually has to use his Hammer (which I read can control any robot) to calm a rampage that the Dinobots were going on. So it sounds like they are going to be pretty powerful...

20. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Actualy he's supposed to be AS STRONG AS, but Megatron could probably beat him anyway. Megatron is Megatron after all!