Grimlock.. what do you think....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mulanzo, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Nice design, but a robot T-Rex just won't work in the movieverse. Sorry.

2. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Good grief, man. Your thread is titled "Grimlock.. what do you think...." for cripes sake, so why are you getting so bent out of shape when people are responding to it with exactly what you asked for - their thoughts? If you only wanted people to reply with what you wanted to hear, you should have titled it "Only reply to my thread if you think that my poorly photoshopped picture of Jurassic Park Grimlock kicks all sorts of ass and agree that having a robot based on a giant prehistoric lizard that's been extinct for millions of years makes sense in the modern day Movie... or else I'll get personally offended, defensive and throw a total hissyfit!".

Yeesh. It's threads like these that show exactly how scary hardcore fanwankery can get.

3. MBSHOOT

MBSHOOT Well-Known Member

I swear some of you fans and your love for a ******ed robot dino is a little creepy and weird.

4. mulanzo

mulanzo Dinobot

If you bothered to read the posts in this thread you'd see that I've had no problem with people not agreeing with me. I had problems with people who made arguments against mine who wished to critique my view. I simply responded to defend my argument. The comment you mentioned was in response, NOT to something pertaining to someones opinion of my manip or to having Grimlock in the movie, but to this comment by Wheeljack_Prime, who attempted to pwn me by proving someone ELSES argument to be false:

"Newsflash: Orci said that Scorponok's "scorpion mode" was actually a robot mode that resembled a scorpion. His alt-mode was Blackout's engine. That's kind of like soundwave and his casettes, the animals were the "Bot form". Your argument has crumbled."

As you can see, instead of jumping to conclusions about me getting defensive and taking it personally, I am not doing this. I am defending my argument and clarifying that this person has misunderstood who's argument he has toppled. It definitely wasn't mine. In any case, If someone has a right to an opinion and uses that opinion to create an argument as to why my opinion is wrong, I have a right to defend my argument and systematically destroy, point by point,
    the opposing view if it means proving my point. Why bother arguing anything in this world if doing so is such a bad thing?

As for you... You can think whatever you want. So can anyone else. I only get defensive when stupid logic is used to make an argument that is illogical, full of holes, and utterly inept. I don't get defensive over someone expressing their opinion as long as it can be validated. If you have a good argument, want to state it and show that mine is wrong, by all means. But I will respond. The nature of being educated I guess.

I do not take offense to the fact that you don't like my "poorly photoshopped Jurassic Park image" because I know the quality is horrible. My intent with the post was not to critique the quality of the manip but to critique the idea presented by the image. Now feel free to comment on the picture rather than the previous posts. I asked what you think about IT, not what you think about me or my arguments.

As for the "fanwankery"... great word. Let me be the first to congratulate the person who coined it. You're entirely wrong since I could care less if Grimlock was included in the next movie ...but you can believe what you want.

What can I say... I enjoy a good character when I see it. Brings something different to the table........ The thought of Grimlock gets me wet at night... hows THAT for weird and creepy.

*may or may not be true

SOO... how about comments on what you think about a robotic Grimlock in the movie...

[​IMG]

5. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus In a world of Wheelies, be a Kup.

no...just...no. if grimlock is in the movie, i believe he should be a triple changer...this way we can have a "dino" mode, but it would only happen like...when he goes ape sh*t on the cons'. make him almost viking or celtic like in personality, superstitious but fearless and dang near unstoppable. He should be something original in alt mode too, not a pick-up or something like that...I would almost argue for a freight train engine...something that almost is the modern equivalent of a charging dinosaur...and that would set up one seriously awesome battle in a railyard.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like Grimlock because of his character, love the dumb bastard, but I really don't care if he's a t-rex or not, I just want him to be stupider than a door but still kick ass in battle, hell, even the kids would enjoy a super strong big bozo.

7. mulanzo

mulanzo Dinobot

I could see a triple changer for Grimlock working. I think the key is to maintain his dino mode at the very least, even if it isn't his primary alt mode. Im not sure about a locamotive for his triple changer mode though. He would be confined to tracks, no? Maybe something like a large Backhoe. The small bucket could double as the mouth and the large bucket could either flip over and separate to form feet or form the body cavity protecting his body. A New Holland Backhoe is massively powerful.

[​IMG]

Ill work on a manip after school

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

6 dinobots unite into dinoking the autobot warrior

9. mulanzo

mulanzo Dinobot

I know... I was thinking about it...would a construction vehicle be permissible considering the existence of the constructicons.... but I justified it by thinking that Grimlock is a known nemesis of the Contructicons and Devastator and having him as a Backhoe would be fitting...until he changes to his standard Dino mode. Plus...its a little more mobile than a locamotive and it has an incredible amount of power. I cant think of any other vehicles that would be as fitting.

10. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    A robot T-rex wouldn't work in the live action movies. If Grimlock were to be in one, he'd probably have to be something like a monster truck.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I'm no Geewunner, but for Grimlock having a nondino alt-mode:

DYNO NOT BAKKHO!!!

Seriously, how much of a fan backlash do Bay/Orci/Kurtzman/Kruger want?

12. mulanzo

mulanzo Dinobot

Triple Changer Grimlock.. I could see this working a little more conveniently for Grimlock to get around the "being visible by day" thing.

There might be fan backlash with a backhoe Grimlock, but atleast it keeps the dinobot mode. If they went with a backhoe with NO dinobot mode I think the backlash would be even worse.

Besides, he was a backhoe in the Transformers: Robots in Disguise show back in 2001... at least it is consistent with the past history.

Humanoid Robot: Mode 1
    T-Rex: Mode 2
    New Holland Back Hoe: Mode 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    They tried that once, it wasn't pretty.

14. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks a lot more like TM Megatron then Grimlock.

NICE JOB!

15. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    ah beast, the semi-canon combiner who looked worse than anything the fans could have ever come up with for a dinobot combiner

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Just when I thought the idea couldn't look any worse...

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Aside from that, even if one knows movie asthetic cheated here and there, there is one small thing to consider....a Tyranosaurus Rex is big.

I grant, three meters tall isn't that much upwards, but he'd be around ten meters long, and maybe five thick, seven at the hips. Thats a lot off mass to do with as you please.