Grimlock.. what do you think....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mulanzo, Nov 11, 2008.

1. mulanzo

mulanzo Dinobot

[​IMG]

Grimlock challenging Prime for leadership of the Autobots in front of the Ark.... Sunstreaker is there for emotional support.

Would it work in the movie?

Addition:

I was thinking about how to introduce the character and I thought that maybe a good way to introduce him is to have him discovered in bot mode in a hidden cave where the Autobot ark lands (the discovery could happen near the end of 2 as a hint for a third movie). Throughout the next movie, he appears in bot mode just for the sake of not wanting to transform. He is defiant and unwilling to aid in the fight against the Decepticons because he feels Prime is inferior. In the movie, after being shamed by Prime, he learns his place in rank among the bots, and in an epic struggle for Primes life at the hands of Devastator, Grimmy runs in, transforms into his Trex mode for 10 mins of classic Devastator vs Grimlock glory with all the other Autobots and Decepticons battling / gawking on the sidelines. During the battle, Grimmy transforms back to bot mode and with his energy sword starts hacking up Devastators limbs. Then, after transforming back to animal mode, he stands perched above the wreckage and gives a huge battle cry sparking cheers from the rest of the Autobots who are losing their battle with the Decepticons, inspiring them to conquer their enemies.

My heart would promptly stop after that moment and I'd die a complete and satisfied nerd.

2. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That would be incredible to see. But I would rather see him teaming with Prime.

3. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    looks like a photoshoped t-rex from Jurassic Park with a star destryoer in back ground.

4. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thank you captain obvious. Glad to se your imagination at work:) 

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    And by Sunstreaker you mean Sideswipe? :) 

Not at all. If anything, this picture is actually helping the arguement of why Dinobots shouldn't be in the live action movies.

Just in my opinion.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally I would love it just to see Grimlock on the big screen, though ultimately I'd rather see him teaming up with Optimus and the other Autobots. Have some tension in there, but keep him on their side. Also I think that, at least for the time being, that robotic dinos are still a bit too out there for the everyday movie-goer to except in these movies. Maybe in the third one or beyond that, but let's get them more used to the concept of giant transforming robots.

7. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think: No thank you.

I just don't see robo-dino or any sort of dino for that matter working with what they are going for in these movies.

8. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I'll take something closer to War Within Grimlock though.

9. phreakybot

phreakybot Well-Known Member

;) 

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

On one hand it would be cool to get Grimlock. On the other hand the movie characters have been having trouble living up to my expectations so maybe it's best that I don't have to worry about what the movie would do to him.

11. mulanzo

mulanzo Dinobot

Im sure if the dino mode was made into something a little more convincing than a cheesy photoshop the picture would help my argument a bit better. Obviously this is a crude photoshop. If I didn't have an exam tomorrow I might have put effort into it. Just a general idea.

Anyways, No I meant Sunstreaker. We already know Sideswipe is a Corvette.

I put a hypothetical character in for a third movie using a REAL car worth transforming.

I don't see how the robotic Trex is any more outlandish than a giant robotic scorpion. This movie is entirely comfortable with being less than realistic and it rolls with it. This isn't a movie based on any practical feasibility. Frenzy mass shifts as does the All spark. There is a giant scorpion. An Escalade eats a girls head. I think a robotic Trex, and pretty much any other concept from any of the Transformers shows can be made to work because there is nothing saying any of these concepts WOULDN'T work. If they said... "Oh...robo dinosaurs and robo animals are impossible" right from the get go, then fine. But we got Scorponok and apparently we are getting Ravage in the next one as well. The movie takes itself seriously in the sense that it considers itself a TF movie and hence I think anything in the TF universe is fair game: Unicron, Pretenders, Energon, Mass shifting (to an extent as long as they keep it to how they've done it so far), Dinobots.

As for going against Prime, I meant it in a way mimicking the show. Not that they actually fight, but sort of being in Primes face that he is a true warrior.

And to the previous poster... that "Star Destroyer" is actually a legitimate image of the G1 Autobot Ark that I photoshopped from a screen capture.
    [​IMG]

What Im really hoping for is that TF2 pushes the envelope of what is possible for the TF live action movie universe. It will set the bar for what is and isn't possible in future sequels. If Devastator and Ravage and Alice are true and any indication, I dont think they care about making the universe, in any way, plausible. We're dealing with alien technology and anything goes. You came to see a Transformers movie anyways. Why do you want realistic?

12. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Hmmmm...... maybe, dont get me wrong, I like it, but just.... maybe.....

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting for the day they give us an on-screen Grimlock who doesn't talk or act like a caveman. My ideal Grimlock would talk and act like Lobo - crude, darkly hilarious, cunning and powerful.

14. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    agreed
    (also, feeling better yet buzzbeak?)

15. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

That T-rex is certainly from Jurassic Park, but the Ark is the Ark. From the G1 cartoon.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh heck this movie is about huge robots from another planet that turn into cars and jets so really once you've made that leap into imagination land is anything else really too outlandish?

17. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    huge robots from another planet that turn into cars and jets getting special powers from having little girls make out with them.

18. Wolfbrother

Wolfbrother Asha'man

:lolol  :bowdown: 

19. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Oh goody...another "Grimlock needs to be in TF:ROTF" thread. One sec...

:popcorn 

ok, proceed.

20. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

...yeah, sorry but it just doesn't fit in Bays movieverse.