Grimlock orders will be cancelled if they do not receive stock by Aug. 20th

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rhodium1977, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I got one of those delayed shipping emails this morning that some of you got last week only mine says if my item isn't shipped by 8/27 that my order will be canceled. My order date is 7/19 for $59.99.

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me neither. And I ordered it on the morning of July 20th for $59.99.

And it's good to know that you apparently have to purchase Takara products to be a "decent" TF fan :rolleyes: 

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  3. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    So to be a "decent" tf fan, you have to spend 250$ for a fig, that's same as 60-70$, minus the claws and teeths? Well every fan can't spend 250$ on a fig...everybody don't have ccs...everybody don't have well paying jobs....everybody have this thing called life, that's get in the way sometimes...I guess I'm so undecent, becuz the most expensive tf I got is rotf devy ( 25$)....or some people are smart with their money....I will be undecent and wait for the undecent grimlock hit the stores...undecents unite!:) 

4. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    Again fellows, sarcasm does not transfer well on forums. I learned my lesson. I did not intend for anyone's vagina to get hurt.

5. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Please tell me you are kidding. My order was on the 20th. Well hopefully I won't see one of those e-mails and they ship Grimlock soon. I really don't want to have to start calling around for this thing. Sure I will probably have to do that for Rodimus and Ironhide but they probably won't be in at the same time as Grimlock knowing my luck.

Since leov36 has since apologized I think it best to just move on and get back to the topic at hand. I want to know what the deal is with Grimlock.

6. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Still no e-mail and I ordered on 7/20. I really do not want to receive one of these e-mails.

7. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    I am starting to wonder if those have to do with how you paid...i generated a paypal credit card number and used that # in the payment field...i ordered on the 19th of july and have not yet received one of these emails...i wonder if maybe that is a standard credit card authorization/charge policy that visa and mastercard have with retailers...

8. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ordered mine late on the 19th (around 10:30 pm CST). I received a delayed shipping email on the 21st but nothing that mentions a 30 day window, or possible cancellation. With $10 off & free shipping.

-=UPDATE=-

Out of fear and angst I called TRU and spoke with Bill. Nice guy who told me my order is "safe". I asked if there was an ETA on Grimlock. He did some looking around and told me that Grimlock was oversold. He went on to tell me that since Grimlock is oversold there wont be much on updates until Hasbro can inform TRU on how many to expect.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  9. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    These rat bastards did the same exact same with classics soundwave...and once they know what to expect...i guarantee they will start cancelling orders randomly just like they did with the soundwave preorders...

another example of TRU showing they cannot be trusted to sell a major fan wanted exclusive...they always always fuck it up.

10. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    Well beat my ass and call me a red headed step child...just got the email :( 

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing your recent order with us.

We wanted to inform you that there is a delay in fulfilling the item listed below in your order. Please accept our apologies for this delay.

At this time we do not have a ship date for the item. If you choose to wait for the item to ship, you do not need to contact us, and we will continue to process and ship your order as soon as we can. Please note, your credit card will not be charged for the item until the order is shipped.

Order Number: SNIP SNIP

Delayed Item: 8601623E
    Description: Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock Action Figure
    Quantity/Price: 3 @ $59.99

If you would like us to cancel your order, please call our Customer Service department at 1-800-869-7787, and we will be happy to promptly provide you with a full refund.

30-Day Policy
    If the item(s) is not shipped by 08/27/2010 the item will be automatically cancelled and your credit card will not be charged, and/or your money will be refunded.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Sincerely,

The Guest Service Team
    Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com

11. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I also got this email this morning. I didn't use any coupons, codes, or gift cards. Only ordered one, also.

12. JCMGTX

JCMGTX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I thought I was in the safe zone ordering on 7/19 but I got the email also. It is nice to see the longer date though. I was afraid it would have been 30 days from when we ordered not the day we got the email.

13. blugel

blugel Well-Known Member

yup, woke up to find the same email.

way to fuck it up, tru.

14. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    me too Big FU to TRU!

15. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

My order email is dated 8:39 pm est on 7/19. Hopefully my order is "safe" too. I guess we'll all find out soon. I'll be pretty bummed if I don't get to spend $60 on a robotic dinosaur.

16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got the dreaded email as well... I called and she put a note on the order saying not to cancel it, but to check again closer to the date. She said they're expecting a bunch on Aug 25th so it should be ok.

17. mumdb1

mumdb1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine this morning, 8/27 is the cut off. This combined with the HTS drama earlier in the week just pisses me off. At the end of the day we're wanting to give a company money and they don't want it, so whatever.

18. Dave_6

Dave_6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got the email too. Wait and see I guess...

19. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Serves us right for not being decent Transformers fans :lol 

20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Zing! :lol 

On a serious note, did ANYONE actually physically pick up a Grimlock at SDCC?