Grimlock for Season 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Grimlockimus, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Yes, another character topic, surprise. But it's not so much the "Whether he be in or not" than the "How would he work in the show".

I do recall the guys at the Prime Panel stating that Dinobots would be popping up if the show's longevity gave them enough time to build the characters, but then again they also said a main character would be dying in the first half of season 2, so maybe they just said stuff to keep us busy until this year.

Regardless, TF: Prime, Grimlock.

As for voice actors, I can't think of anyone other than David Kayne at the moment, unless of course the original man himself, Gregg Berger, who I would love to become sort of a second Peter Cullen, where he voices the character for every appearance it makes for a decent amount of time.

And with Berger lending his voice to the Fall of Cybertron adaptation of Grimlock, I would really like to see him become Prime Grimlock as well, to connect the two even more.

What I'm interested in as well is the scale they'd use.

In FOC an Insecticon is around the size of his Dino-toe nail, and an Insecticon is significantly larger than Jazz too, and Jazz was around Bumblebee's height, which does fit with the Prime show, as an Insecticon is much larger than Bee.

I think it'd be pretty interesting to see a bot that large on the Autobot's side, and would set up some classic Grimlock insubordination and just plain out "Me Grimlock do what Me Grimlock want" situations, because really, how do you give commands to a bot 10 times your size that can breath fire?

Apologies if something like this exists in the great void, just felt like getting some opinions out. And I'll try to keep a topic regarding Grimlock and Arcee's inevitable love away from the boards for at least a week or two.

2. Anthony Adams

Anthony Adams Well-Known Member

Also, if he is that large, what would his alt-mode possibly be? He'd totally blow the 'bots cover, unless it's gonna get blown during and after the
    "Nemesis Prime"
    episode.

3. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I would absolutely love it if Grimlock and the Dinobots showed up. I'd like them to bring along their conflict with Shockwave, too.

4. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i like the idea of grimlock in prime. maybe even swoop, slag, and snarl. and of course sludge would be dead if they had the whole team in the series.

maybe he could squeeze into prime's trailer. or the gov. could work something out.

5. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

6 dinobot be raptor
    all 6 dinobots unite in into dinotar the autobot giant warrior

6. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    I almost forgot that part XD

If their cover isn't blown, I can picture an episode where Team Prime tries to keep Grimlock from population and to assume a less...noticeable, alt mode.

But sorry to mention, but
    sounds like the cover will be blown, after "Nemesis Prime" giant bot shooting soldiers is pretty bad for their incognito.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    As long as he's smart, articulate Grimlock and not dumb caveman Grimlock, I'll be perfectly satisfied.

8. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    he should be like he is in FOC IMO. but with less rage and more common sense. cause then we can still have his caveman voice while maintaining his intellect.

9. Anthony Adams

Anthony Adams Well-Known Member

Heh, the only incarnation of Grimlock i recognize and like IS the caveman version, the one with the 50 IQ points. i don't know if he was smart in BW/BM, since i never watched either of those.

10. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

I'm pretty sure the writers commented at a convention that they will introduce Combiners and the dinobots this season.

11. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    The only incarnation of Grimlock from those seasons were the Dinobot repaint toy, and possibly T-Wrecks.

But regardless of that, the BW Grimlock, at least in the comics, was a bit smarter than the original G1 Grimlock, he was still a towering giant who talked like a bit of a Caveman, but he at least talked with more...dignity, to put it oddly.

I'm personally hoping to see a blend between the G1 Grimlock, and the Comic Grimlock from "Maximum Dinobots". A character with the speak impediment, who is a towering bot who simply doesn't want to hide, and is more use to the war environment than a hiding one.

I'd say make him a rebel who doesn't like authority, but Wheeljack already filled that.

12. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gestalts and Dinobots seem possable for season 3, I would love it though if we can confirm this.

Give me the dinobot personalities from Heavy Metal War, just make them a little smarter.

13. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

The Grimlock from the original Marvel comics, ie the good Grimlock :p  , was fairly smart and cunning. He wasn't a genius, but he was definately smarter than the average Autobot. He still used caveman speak sometimes because of a damaged voice box, though as I recall that happened later on.

14. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

yesssss

15. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Not sure about anyone else, but the latest episode of Prime nearly confirmed Grimlock's use in the show, at least in my opinion.

Huge nest of giant Insecticons? How will they face that kind of a threat while also promoting the new game? One word.

GRIMLOCK. Which is a fusion of two words but still!

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd pefer if he wasn't a T-Rex but his robot mode has T-Rex like attributes.

And Gregg Berger or Fred Tatasciore voices him.