Grimlock Design

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrime108, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    I still prefer the one I posted awhile back. :p 

2. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    How often were the dinobots seen in robot mode in the original series? Either a vehicle (for speed) or a robot (for other uses) mode would work for alt mode. It's not like they'll really swap between them too often. If history repeats, they'll stay in beast mode 90% of the time anyway and just tear everything apart.

3. Adiansyah

Adiansyah Well-Known Member

I knew someone will mention Scorponok :) 
    Do you read the prequel comic? Scorponok never scans anything. He's a cybertronian scorpion from the beginning. Even animal shape can be identical, depends on their habitat. Do you think autobots scan human? Or Devastator scans a gorilla? Ravage is also a cybertronian Panther from the start, we can see in dotm opening, there's something that look like a cat/ravage there, only bigger.

The moviverse name is said to be the closest translation of their cybertronian name in english, so that's where we get Scorponok's name, not based on what he scanned. Otherwise there won't be Bumblebee, coz his name would be CAMAROK. :) 

4. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We've definitely seen these before.

Is it pretty badass though, isn't it?

5. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Yay! :) 

For once I agree with something you've said! :thumbs2: 

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    But then G1 wasn't just the cartoon and in the Marvel comics Grimlock was in his robot mode most of the time.
    I do read the comics, but when have the movies ever bowed to the rules set down by the comics? The movies trump all, for once even the toys too.
    I still feel there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to what can be in BayFormers, and as much chance as there being a Grimlock as a dino with no humanoid robot mode there's also as much chance of a Grimlock with a humanoid robot as well as a dino mode.

It's not like BayFormers hasn't ever gone back on things which the writers said were set in stone as far as Cybertronian limitations. They were fully against TF having actual starships in the 2007 movie and then DotM was stuffed with the things. Humanistic faces were oh so bad and cartoony back in 2007 and then we get Sentinel Prime.

So far we've only seen one beastie TF type, but that doesn't mean there aren't other types with both beast and humanoid robot modes which would allow them to do a Dinobot justice.

7. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Ok i will go with that one for sure, it looks more accurate with the grey metal.

8. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

EPIC

9. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

I think it looks stupid. Looks really weak for a T-Rex..in both forms. The sword is cool, but a flaming sword is pretty corny and I wouldnt want to see it in the movie.

10. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Animatronic dinosaur at a theme park or movie set ;) 

11. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

This one reminds more of a Transformers Prime version. Still very well done.

This one just rocks. It reminds me the most of a Movie version. Just thinking about huge T-Rex chasing anything gives me goosebumps.

12. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

That ones OK, but its too scrawny IMO

This ones my favorite! XD

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It looks more like I would've originally imagined a BayFormers Fallen would've looked like than a Grimlock. And too much bones and not enough tech. More BW Dinobot than Geewun Grimlock?

14. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

How's this for a valid explanation: the Fallen had them created when he was actually flipping here on Earth however many eons ago (Don't say 10000 years, the schism of the Prime dynasty had already happened).

Is this type of plot point really too difficult for people to fathom?

Because the Transformers were here on Earth when the dinosaurs did exist AND using the power of the Matrix can bring other Transformers' Sparks to life. Not to mention how the Transformers have hatchlings: insectoid-like protoforms. Everyone who says it's not possible to logically introduce the Dinobots based upon previously introduced concepts in the trilogy and common sense needs to be rushed to the hospital for an emergency glassectomy.

For those who don't know, that's when they cut a hole in your belly button and insert a pane of glass where it used to be; this way, people can see what's going on in the outside world even with their head shoved entirely up their ass.

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Noooope.

16. Cogar

Cogar Follower of the Code

The Autobot Ark crash landed on Earth 4 million years ago. At the time, the computer system (before it was named) created the dinobots since dinosaurs were the native life form. See the early Marvel comics.

17. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Pretty sure that was due to them scanning something in the Savage Land actually.

In fact, Marvel G1 Transformers issue 7, with Ratchet vs. Megatron, it's specifically mentioned it IS the Savage Land that they're in!

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  18. Cogar

Fair enough. I am not a fan of Marvel crossovers (Savage Land is X-Men, right?) and tend to miss stuff like this. :) 

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The Ark crashed on the moon in 1961.

20. Cogar

Maybe according to the great TF historian Michael Bay. :wink: