Grimlock Design

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrime108, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    There might be a time he's called upon to use technology designed for a TF with a humanoid body shape. Perhaps to pilot a shuttle to go rescue Autobots or humans in trouble. I suppose he could bite the controls and see if that works.
    Also his humanoid form would be less threatening when not in battle and he's interacting with others.

President: "May I welcome the Autobots to this victory celebration. The inhabitants of this city have all come out to meet you Cybertronians. People, don't be scared of the one that looks like he's about to rip off your face... Or the one that looks like a T-Rex."

2. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
  3. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Yes. And Yes. So you thought wrong.

ROTFL & LOL!!! See what happens when you put a little thought into it?

There are two things you should NEVER ask a woman about: her weight and her age. *slap avergerboy123 across the face* Maybe that'll learn ya to respect your elders.

:peoples:  Take your meds.

4. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Again, the first humans showed up long after the dinosaurs were extinct. So I doubt he would've been chased by any dinosaur "back in the day." But I still think dinosaurs are freaking awesome.

5. Adiansyah

Adiansyah Well-Known Member

The design looks cool.. But I dont think it will work in movieverse. Think of the scale, no matter how scary he is, GRIMLOCK WON'T BE BIGGER THAN IRONHIDE. T-rex is 6 mtrs tall, while movie Optimus is actually 8,5 metres, and we can see how small Optimus is next to Megatron. Grimlock looks like a small Raptor among the Decepticons. Maybe he will climb up on Megatron's torso, trying to bite him, but when Megatron grab him, he will end up just like RAVAGE in rotf :) 

6. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if he's smaller than Megatron. How could it not work?

7. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    You're assuming Grimlock gives a crap about being accurate dino size.

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Oh, cool! I've never seen the bot mode of that art before! I love his transformation. I never really liked how typically Grimlock's transformation involved his tail basically folding up into chunks on his legs. I also dig (HAR!) the fact that his head becomes his feet! :D 

This.

+1

And this.

You'd be assuming that they'd go for an accurate dinosaur scale. EDIT: Which, seeing as how his design is of a skeleton, I can see where you came to that conclusion. :)  My bad.

But as Gingerchris said, they don't need to be "in scale" with real dinosaurs. Rarely - if ever - have Dinobots been in scale with their real life counterparts.

9. Adiansyah

Adiansyah Well-Known Member

Yups, read the bio guys.. He scans real fossils from the museum. I thought they can only scan something identical to them, i term of size/ scale.
    Otherwise, even Sentinel Prime will be able get a BUS-SIZED CAMARO Alt. Mode
    for speed reason. Which will make me buy that LEADER CLASS BUMBLEBEE and give him Sentinel's head.

But, however, hasbro, could you help us create a voyager or leader class toy based on that concept art on page 1? :drool: 

10. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Scorponok must've had a shit of a time finding a real scorpion his size to scan. :p 

I'm sure if Grimlock liked the T-Rex form and wanted it for his alt he'd have it regardless.

11. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

While I can't believe Bay hates the Dinobots (Just waiting for that epiphany to come), I wouldn't want them unless a valid explanation is given. If the Dino mode is the robot mode, then we don't really need one because there is precedence in the movies. If they scanned real dinosaurs or even fossils as the great drawing suggested, then we have scale issues. As many times as I believe they cheated with scale, they never really said "to hell with it". Therefore, the only explanation in my opinion that has the remotest possibllity of pleasing both movie makers and tf watchers is to say they were created a la Original cartoon and wherever the shockwave origin first came through. They wouldn't be dinosaurs so much as draconic gigantic dinosaur shaped Weopons of Mass Destruction.

(Can anyone tell me how to make the Baysplosion smiley because this would gon great here)

12. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

Haha so true!

I am in agreement with the fact that the Dinobots should be vehicle mode and dinosaur mode only.

"but they might be needed in human form/they are too scary in dino form/he cant use his gun or sword" i hear you say?

There are PLENTY of humanoid robots to do whatever is necessary in humanoid form. They are supposed to be scary, the t-rex is anyway! If everyone had a gun and sword, there wouldnt be any variety. One thing i heard when i worked at the cinema and TF1 came out was, "who is who? i have no idea whats happening..."

Dinobots have always been their own team, much like the wreckers. Built for one purpose really, to go up against the biggest enemies. A t-rex that is bigger than megatron, closer to the size of Devastator but not as big, would be just right for me.

Alt mode wise, a large vehicle. I'd go for a C-130 Gunship myself.

13. Cogar

Cogar Follower of the Code

14. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Okay--that is pretty awesome.

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Where did the Autobots find humans their size to scan?

That was his robot mode.

16. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    It's like this --> ": bay" (minus the quotations and space. The colon and then bay). :bay 

17. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Okay. Giant scorpions exist on Cybertron. Got it.
    Maybe there's also giant dinosaurs on Cybertron then Grimlock will have nothing to worry about. :) 

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I'm glad you can finally admit that Grimlock doesn't need a humanoid robot mode.

19. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

The whole point of Skorponok, Ravage, and Laserbeak is that they are cybertronian animals reengineered for war with only the slightest connections to the earth animal they are supposed to look like. That is why some people are saying they have no problem if the dinosaur mode is their robot mode. There is precedent. If you have a problem with the cybertronian animals looking like earth creatures, then that is a problem that has always existed since the first issue of Marvel comics with ravage. Actually, Bay handled it pretty well by making them at least look a little alien. (Not perfect mind you, but better).

20. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    He just needs a humanoid alt mode. :D