Minor/Repaint: Grimlock Classics/Universe

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by pumpkingonzo, May 29, 2011.

1. pumpkingonzo

pumpkingonzo Stunticon lover!

Ebay:
    Hello!
    I'm lucky that I own the Classics and Henkei Grimlock, but I'm not 100% about either of them, so I wanted something inbetween, if that makes sence?!
    All paints were enamel.
    I mixed a fast dry light grey, a dark grey gloss, and a hint of silver metallic together, gave it a good stir and left it for a while. I wanted the main grey to be layered with slightly different textures. I used about four thin coats. The arms were painted metallic silver, inner mouth and teeth have been painted. I painted over the tail because I didn't really like the gold splashed. The tip of the tail has been painted silver. A metallic gold was used, and a tiny amount of blue, green and red. I removed the red eye pieces, changed them to blue and glossed them. Slight pain to get them back in!
    I've added a scale sword, with the help of a file and a bit of improvisation and metallic silver paint I'm quite happy with the outcome.
    I know there's not huge changes, but it was a fun figure to do.
    Grimlock's going up for auction.
    Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    You did an amazing job lad, amazing. But I've never been a fan of this version of grimlock. Simply because I don't think Grims would be happy being in thigh high stiletto heeled boots if you get my drift....

That being said, what you did here really helped his dinomode not suck anymore, almost, I say "almost" want my grimlock back.....

3. pumpkingonzo

Ebay:
    HAHA!! Stiletto heeled boots!! That really made me laugh! :) 
    I know what you mean about the lower legs/feet, I agree with you.
    Thanks for your comments.

4. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

looks good man!

5. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    :drool: 

6. pumpkingonzo

Ebay:

Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

7. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Nice job, I like the color choice for grimmy - the paint color looks great! Any plans for other 'classics' figures?

8. simified

simified Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love the job you did on this. It reminds me of something similar I did a while back but you got a lot more into the detail than I did and it shows. Now I'm wanting to do a few touch ups on mine. lol I don't know if you were aware or interested for that matter but the G1 weapons for Grimlock fit perfectly into the Classics hands. I bought some on eBay dirt cheap since I wasn't a fan of the tardzooka the Classics has.

9. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

Nice work. Amazing how much difference a fresh paint job can make. It looks way better than either release.

10. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Looks really good. I was not a fan of the black-wash they added to the original release. I know he's a grimy dino but this just looks better cleaned up.

11. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I really like ir. IMO I think he would look even better if he was dry brushed.

12. pumpkingonzo

Ebay:
    Thanks mate! I'm gonna take a little break, after that Powerglide and Shockwave will be the next two. I want to use different legs for G1 Shockwave, haven't decided from where yet! Want to finish my Trailbreaker (from Classics Ironhide) too. I sold the one I did, and am halfway through a new one for me to keep.

I didn't think of G1 Grimlock weapons, thanks for that.

Thank you, very kind. I have the Henkei Grimlock on display, even though i love the Henkei figures and the chrome, the chrome on Grimlock is a bit too much for me.

Thanks, and I agree with you.

Good point, and thanks for saying. It's a technique I like, but need to improve on. :)