grimlock as a villian in tf4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by starscream 2005, Jul 18, 2011.

1. starscream 2005

starscream 2005 it's megatron, retreat!!!

as we have seen many things changed in movie verse. why not have the dinobots as heads of some decepticon sub group that the autobots have trouble hunting and killing.

i think they blew it by not having the ending like in the graphic novel and prime killing megs, instead i'd rather seen prime and megs shake at the end of tf3

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    because the dinobots are not decepticons.... I am a huge Dinobots fan and this would just be a terrible idea...

Now having Grimlock wanting to challenge prime for leadership only to come to respect him would be a cool little substory...

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    You're mad. Stark raving mad. The Dinbots are, much like the Wreckers, arseholes but not villains.

Also, the Dinobots have a LOT of fans, me among them. We would not stand for such nonsense.

5. starscream 2005

starscream 2005 it's megatron, retreat!!!

well

ok that's why prime locked them up in g1, cuz they are so dum that megatron could manipulate their mind. and i don't follow beast wars series, but was dinobot a bad guy?

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Dinobot (Beast Wars) was the sort of noble knight errant character, served the Predacons out of loyalty to its original cause rather than want. In fact I think he defects to the Maximals in the first episode or so.

Also, Prime locked the Dinobots up because they were not capable of functioning propperly on their own. That's more like keeping someone in a secure institution for their own safety (and that of others) due to a medical failing than an act of wanton criminality.

7. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I don't think that'd work. Despite their aggression and disagreements with Optimus, they're Autobots. It'd be like saying that Hot Rod was a Decepticon, or Shockwave an Autobot.

He started out as a Predacon (Decepticon descendant), but changed to Maximal (Autobot decendant) due to a combination of a belief that Megatrons plan had failed/was going to fail, as well as his own personal code of honor.

Leave the Predacons in Episode One, joins the Maximals in Episode Two.

8. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Dinobots as adversaries in the next movie, but not as the main villains. If you had someone pulling the strings to pit them against one another, that could be a decent plot.

9. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Dinobot antagonists are one thing. Villains are entirely another. A story similar to their G1 introduction where they're created then run amok may be entertaining.

10. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    that would be really weird!

11. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

I actually wouldn't mind it at all: you could have Grimlock completely disagree with Optimus in regards to showing concern for those weaker than himself, to illustrate the difference between Optimus and the actual murderous brutes (I am so sick of the "Bayverse Optimus is a murderous psychopath" meme).

The fourth movie could be about an internal power struggle within the Autobots as Optimus and Grimlock war over the direction that the Autobots would take. Snarl & Swoop could be Grim's allies, like how they were in Animated (only with actual speaking roles; Snarl could be the Grimlock fanatic, while Swoop would show hesitancy to follow Grimlock. All of this would be set on a backdrop of the new war against the Decepticon remnants, who have broken up into different terrorist cells.

Grimlock, having just learned of Cybertron's destruction and grown fed up with Optimus's consideration for the humans (who Grimlock regards as insects), could try to usurp Optimus in a massive brawl before leaving to take control of several of the Decepticon terror cells and trying again by luring Optimus into an ambush where the lives of innocents are on the line.

12. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Grimlock? I don't think he's available in TF film i mean a Dinosaur? So much for disguise

13. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No! No! No! No!

14. Minh'T

Yeah no i don't think Grimlock will in

15. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i would hate to see them as the villians, and no I am glad prime did not shake hands, Megatron still wanted control and killed to many innocents to be left alive. it needed to end. Personally I say leave it a trilogy. NO TO NUMBER 4

16. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Enuff with faction changes already. its getting stale.

17. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

That could be part of his character: he doesn't feel the need to disguise himself the way that other Transformers do. He'd be like TF1 Megatron in that way, refusing to take on an inferior alternate form. The reason that he would take on the mechanical T-Rex form would be because he likes it: he could even give a speech about the creature, stating that these old bones are from a different era, a time where this planet actually produced something of value. He could spend half his time in this form, because he likes it so much.

Speaking of speech, the "Me Grimlock" routine would have to go. It makes him sound like he has mental problems, when the crafty berserker is the way to go, with a little eloquence in the vein of BW Dinobot.

Or if you're uncomfortable with the Grimlock name being attached to a villain, you could call him Tyrex or something similar, and merge the G1 Grimlock and Beast Wars Megatron characters (Grimlock's savagery, Megatron's eloquence minus the vaudeville, and their shared disdain for humanity).

18. Minh'T

U could be right, I think he won't disguise if he's a Decepticon and yeah like Dweller/Driller a gigantic worms

19. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    Simple answer. No.

20. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    He doesn't have to be a Dinosaur.