Grimlock 3-pack Ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Got this idea initially from the Bumblebee 3-pack. I basically tried to come up with a decent idea for a similar pack for Grimlock, and got these two ideas:

RID, Animated, and Classics:
    [​IMG]

Energon, Animated, and Classics:
    [​IMG]

Out of my two ideas, my favorite one is the one with RID Grimlock instead of Energon Grimlock. Even though RID Grimlock really has no connection with the other Grimlocks other than it's name. To make a better connection they could then repaint him into Grimlock's classic color scheme. While he's not as iconic as Bumblebee, or as popular, as far as I know, with the kids, I'd love to see something like this. I would have put G1 Grimock in there as one of the options, but a reissue of him is as likely as a reissue of Fortress Maximus. This probably won't happen, as the Bumblebee 3-pack is pretty much a one time thing, but it's still nice to dream about things like this. What do you guys think?

2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not a bad idea, I like the Energon/Classics/Animated one as RiD Grimlock really has nothing in common with the others. I also feel if RiD Grimlock is reissued, it should be with the other build robots so I can have the combiner.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The only reason I actually like my idea of including RID Grimlock rather than Energon Grimlock, is because I've heard and seen too many bad things about the Energon mold. In a perfect world we could get a 3-pack that included G1, Animated, and Classics Grimlock, but seeing as the mold was destroyed that ain't going to happen, sadly.

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd actually like to see some other 3-packs, maybe Ratchet, with G1, Movie Rescue Ratchet & Animated.

5. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    I think Universe Ratchet would be a better choice over G1 Ratchet.

6. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime 3 Pack would rock, maybe 50-60$ msrp

Classics, Animated, and maybe a deluxe figure from some toyline.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Agreed, though I still probably wouldn't get it, as I've already got a Movie Ratchet, have no interest in Animated Ratchet, and I would be content in getting Universe Ratchet on his own.

Armada would be a nice fit, imo. Probably the best Deluxe Optimus Prime figure we've seen in the past.

8. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    That actually could work really well, how did I not think of that?

Either way, Hasbro, GET ON IT!

9. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

the energon grimlock mold is pretty good i think.... But he was sold as a two pack with swoop so its possible they share the same mold and that may hurt prospects of repackaging him.

How bout a BW anniversary megs repaint instead?

10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure the only reason a Bumblebee 3-pack ever happened is because it can successfully promote all 3 of Hasbro's main TF lines, the figure is normally a Deluxe in all 3 series, and the character retains the same yellow visual cues in each one. No one else fits that criteria unless you want to count the Deluxe versions of Prime. But beyond that, everyone else looks way too different across the platforms.

All the same, I would like to see more of these kinds of things of other characters.

11. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Have you forgotten Beast Wars Grimlock or repaint either Megatron (Original)/ T-Wrecks or better yet Transmetal Megatron in G1 colors

12. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

The problem with Energon Grimlock is that he wears almost his entire dino upper body as a backpack. It's probably one of the worst cases of back kibble that I've seen. Also, his combination (Superlink, whatever they called that gimmick) with Swoop was absolutely ridiculous looking! On the positive side, his dino mode is actually pretty nice!

I actually think that three pack releases would be a really inventive way for Hasbro to reuse some older molds and give fans some cool opportunities to get a unique way to display their favorite characters!

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually it wouldn't. Things that are in 2-packs have been sold separately in the past. They don't share the same mold. As far as I know there haven't been any two TF's that share the same mold. That way if Hasbro/Takara wanted to, they could reproduce them separate from each other, or just one and not the other. One good example of this is the Classics Optimus Prime vs. Megatron 2-pack. It was released as a 2-pack here in the US, but was also available separate from each other in the UK.

No, I'm honestly just not a fan of them at all.

The backpack is one of the reasons I don't like the mold. I think that Energon Grimlock and Swoop would have been a lot better if they had actually been designed for the Energon line (at least theoretically they could have been a lot better). As-is, they fit in a lot better with the line they were originally meant for, the first Universe line.

14. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

yeah but there was also another megs produced along with every prime. Thats more of a packaging thing then an actual mold thing...

Im trying to think of another figure that was released widely as a non exclusive two pack that hasnt been reissued in any other way, but my mind is blanking....

15. Kilger

Kilger TillAllAnimatedAreOwned

I wouldn't mind an Animated Jazz, Movie Jazz, new mold Classics/Universe Jazz

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm just saying that I seriously doubt that to produce the one, they have to produce the other. Just doesn't seem like something Hasbro/Takara would do.

17. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How's about Transformers:Universe "VS.-Packs" dedicated to the Transformers video games? As Store Exclusives of course.

Transformers: The Game

Feature repaints of the Autobot & Decepticon Drones in their alternate colors that were not made.

1. Autobot Payload (silver/white) & Autobot Swindle (green).

2. Autobot Dreadwing (blue w/yellow markings) vs. Decepticon Longarm (white & yellow).

Transformers (Armada)

Armada Packs all painted in the shiny "Movie Premium figure" paint and detailed (paint colors and weathering) to look like they did in the PS2 Transformers Armada game (details such as Optimus having "Prime" on his front grille):

Deluxe 25th Armada HotShot (the new figure) vs. Armada Tidal Wave.

Deluxe Armada Optimus Prime w/overrun +plus Sparkplug vs. Armada Megatron w/ Leader-1.

Voyager Red Alert w/Longarm vs. Voyager Armada Starscream w/Swindle.

Sorry Cyclonus!:tongue: 

18. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How about Titanium Grimlock instead or Energon or RID?

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That would be interesting. It'd probably end up as a TRU Exclusive then, unless they can get TRU to agree to let other stores sell something that, by itself, is exclusive to them.

20. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

It would work with Prime. The other obvious choice for an "evolutions" style pack. But you could also get away with it for Megatron. Classics two pack tank-movie FAB-animated two pack.