Minor/Repaint: Gridlock (Fan character)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by The Wombat King, Jul 24, 2006.

1. The Wombat King

The Wombat King Ruler of a distant land

Ebay:
    Well here's one of my fan characters I created a long long time ago, and finally got around to painting up. Come to think of it was probably back when I was a kid (well the name and model anyway). I haven't hammered out a complete bio for him yet, so details may change.
    For now he's an older brother to Tracks. He chose his Earth form simply to poke fun at his younger brother's vanity. Tracks wasn't too pleased at his choice. Gridlock has a good sense of humor and gets along well with most other Autobots, especially the ones that enjoy a good laugh He seems to make light of most situations even during the heat of battle. Some of the other Autobots feel he doesn't get serious quick enough when battles do arise, but even if cracking a joke he's really as focused as a warrior can get. Watching out for his fellow Autobot is always his first concern.
    Gridlock wields two powerful laser cannons that also have the ability to emit focused EM pulse beams to disable surrounding electronics. The further from his target the less accurate the pulse beam is and wider the effected area of electronics are. This pulse will not disable Transformers, but can disorient and confuse them for a time. He's been known to disable surrounding vehicles to clear his path in traffic that results in problems for other motorists.

I'm thinking of adding some kind of black stripe or something to break up the yellow on the vehicle form. After I decide on that I plan to add a few more details to his robot mode. What do you guys think?
    Robot mode
    Vehicle form

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Well, if you were to make an Alternators version you'd be covered. Nice work, looks good.

3. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Nice job. I really like the way you repainted the face so it really distinguishes itself from Tracks. Arm cannons = awsomeness. All-round good job. Cudos!

4. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

looks good but i dont like that colour yellow for him

5. The Wombat King

The Wombat King Ruler of a distant land

Ebay:
    I bought me a BT Tracks quite cheap actually and the color layout for him works near perfectly for Gridlock. I just need to paint the had and add a face plate. Just trying to figure how I want to add that though.
    Thanks! The cannons where almost mounted behind his shoulder/tires, but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Then I realized how much better they'd look on his arms since he's supposed to be a tough bot. :) 
    I'm not a big fan of yellow either except on sports cars. And really it's the only color I could use. We already have Tracks, Road Rage, and the black Tracks. There were few choices left. Didn't want white, purple, or green. So it was yellow. When BT Tracks came out it kind of sealed the deal for me. :) 

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you want to make Bt Tracks yellow exactly like your custom, find a way to attach the missles to the sides of the arms as transformation kibble too . . . then share with the rest of us how you did it without affecting the transformation (i.e. no special tabs sticking out in alt mode). Just an idea. :) 

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love it!

8. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

this is really good and incorperates a factor i don't realy like with the exception of when a bash is made to look exaxtly like an existiong charecter. awesome new charecter concept and execution