Grey Roller Prime weirdness...

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by NotoriousBIC, Feb 19, 2007.

1. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Something doesn't add up with this alleged original grey Roller Prime auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-G1-Optimus-Prime-MIB-100-Unapplied_W0QQitemZ260085797296QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Prime himself and the accessories seem to be genuine (square-pegged smokestacks, bloated gun and fists).
    However it comes with a France trademark trailer instead of the metal-plated trailer and the box is a French version as well. Pretty sure the only variant Ceji produced was the infamous Red-Feet Prime...

Thoughts?

2. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    ive seen this auction before, and i thought the same thing. i have no idea

3. NotoriousBIC

My best guess is that it's scraped together from 2 different variants. Not sure about the trailer and roller, those look awfully new to me and the recent KO was that particular mold as well...

4. Mega-Zarak

Mega-Zarak Well-Known Member

This Prime is authentic, however the seller has mixed two or more different molds. It is a common practice among sellers. The trailer launcher is supposed to be grey not black. The fists are not the bloated version, the thumbs must point straight... it's not the case here. Basically he's selling a standard Prime with a few grey version accessories.

5. NotoriousBIC

Well it's most definitely not a standard Prime. It has the square-pegged smokestacks, so barring any parts-swapping, that's a grey-roller version too.

6. Mega-Zarak

Mega-Zarak Well-Known Member

Yes the cab it's a grey roller version too. The fists and the trailer are definetely not:
    1-No metal plates
    2- Black launcher
    3- Stampings: The grey version stampings like all other pre-rub transformers are onlyTakara Japan. There's no "T", no Japanese writing, no Hasbro and no year.

If you look carefully the trailer has already all the stickers applied except "GO"