Greg Mooradian To Lead Hasbro’s Allspark Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AzT, Oct 10, 2017.

1. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

I wonder if Hasbro planned to announce this news on the heels of a major box office success this weekend?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Music

Music Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I realize the media exists to sell toys, however, multiple lines can co-exist to sell together. I don't mean having multiple lines on top one another, I mean leaving gaps in each line so the other line can take its place. It's exactly how the current toylines span and it works.

It also depends on what kind of movies they're planning to release. If they're releasing an animated movie targeted at a younger audience, it's easier to have multiple lines span as the live action movies are targeted at a slightly older age. Plus, this is also assuming the animated feature won't release on same quarter (of the year) as the release of the live action film.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Fair enough

4. theswimmer06

theswimmer06 Well-Known Member

Let’s hope he’s better at sci fi action than he is at dark love stories..

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This will be interesting.

6. APB

APB Well-Known Member

Oh my... this is the end, isn`t it?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    I don't agreeing with their post but "if you don't like X, move to Y" arguments are just as bad as what your acussing them of doing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Started from the top, now we're here....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

The difference is that the MCU and DC films have namesakes that are human or near-human. Iron Man can always appear as Tony Stark. Captain America can always appear as Steve Rogers, Batman as Bruce Wayne, etc. See what I mean? Plus, Pixar films are animated.

There is a large percentage of critics who will never accept a live action Transformers film as acceptable entertainment. Critical types have a hard time seeing the merits of having robots using up screen time if there are human actors around. Do you think the Peter Travers types of the world would ever give any Transformers film a chance? I don't.

The thing is most fandom and general public criticisms of the movies aren't that the movies are the same; it's that the current films have gotten too far from their rose-tinted nostalgic memories of earlier Transformers shows and films.

Every time a continuity changes drastically, the fandom complains, sometimes in retrospect. There's always a vocal number of fans who will complain about how 1986 ruined G1, or how Beast Machines ruined the Beast Era, or how one or more of the sequels ruined the Bay movies because x-character died or the tone changed or whatever.

The single most common complaint I see has very little to do with how the robots are depicted. The most common complaint I see among "casuals" is that Sam Wtiwicky and some other humans are no longer present, and that the current movies, "Aren't really Transformers," or "Ruined the movies," because said humans don't appear. They think getting rid of the old humans was "disrespectful."

Truth be told, large segments of this fandom and large numbers of the general population know jack squat about the brand. Many fans of older shows and comics have their memories altered by nostalgia to the point they have turned Transformers into something it's not, and many fans of the Bay movies don't know anything of previous iterations. Combine the two together and you get large numbers of people that have very little idea what Transformers is actually about.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Slingshot

Slingshot Headmaster

News Credits:
    It's actually funny you say that. I can tell you this without breaking the rules, I'm the exact opposite of what political ideology you're alleging I identify with. And no, it doesn't start with R, but it does start with L.
    I have to wonder how Goldner will react if this hyped up insane festival of his fails.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    :lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  12. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /thread.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Looking the box office it seems like nostalgia sells movie tickets. Beauty and the Beast $504 million domestic. Star Wars the Force Awakens $936 million domestic. Jurassic World $652 million domestic. If your movie isn't for the art of film making but just what sort of pile of money you can end up with then running away from nostalgia doesn't seem to be the most cunning plan a studio could come up with.

To break from the past it seems like you need something more special than just updated effects. Battlestar Galactica could get away with it's huge changes because it offered people something bigger and better with the characters and the weight of the story. The Transformers films lack anything special in the character department since actors can leave roles in the film and the movies chug along like it's no big deal.

14. Jumacas

Jumacas Well-Known Member

Excuses, excuses, excuses... Meanwhile here's two movies about a talking racoon and a barely talkin walking tree in space and a trilogy about apes, so emotional that they could bring tears to a grown man. Hell, Lego made more substantial and heartfelt entertainment about damn legos!

@Ash from Carolina is right, 100%.

Anyway... I hope these news here are for the best. That's all.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  15. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

The best bet failed financially in it's last installment, TIME FOR SOMETHING NEW (re: NOT a bumblebay movie in an indie disguise)

High five! Very well said.

Well-made cinema = Elevated public opinion = More toy sales = Everybodys happy

Only a delusional grandstanding derailment artist with some personal stake in maintaining the status quo would disagree

• Like Like x 1
  16. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    One person's heartfelt is another person's cringe.

• Like Like x 2
  17. zachprime86

zachprime86 Zachimus Prime

Almost all threads on these boards with certain news end up like this one way or another.

18. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

Nothing cringeworthy about Devastator's balls swinging or Jetfire farting or Wheelie's leg humping or Bumblebee pissing or....

Shall I continue

19. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    Knock yourself out.

20. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

It's amazing how much vicious argument a toy sale franchise with themes regarding the horrors of war can cause.

• Like Like x 1