Greg Mooradian To Lead Hasbro’s Allspark Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AzT, Oct 10, 2017.

1. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

I think Transformers should move away from live-action. They look cool, and I enjoyed them all but AOE, but a lot more could be done in an animated style. That way you could do movies and have a TV show tie-in. And let's bring back the art of designing the toys first and have their onscreen character based on that. I understand the desire to go the live-action route, but I feel like making an anime would be easier and more profitable. Transformers Animated and Prime did well, RiD2015 seems to be doing okay, and Rescue Bots is the longest running TF show out there, plus you look back at shows like Cybertron, Beast Wars/Machines, and G1 and see the success they had.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Music

Music Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Or we could have both.

We kind of had that with Transformers Prime where it was TV show who had a "movie" released along with the traditional live-action movies. Transformers is large enough to have simultaneous shows and movies going on to cater to different audiences.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    LMAO I love Slingshot, really lives up to his name by slinging around pretentious and inaccurate cheap shots at everything he can.

• Like Like x 1
  4. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If they want to be a serious player start small and target big.

Produce some genuinely good animated shorts as a concept and then push for something bigger.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Pinpoint Doodle User#3

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah as much as we agree that Transformers films currently suck, it really shouldn’t be that artsy. You can have great action scenes that also have plot to them. Transformers were never meant to be artsy, they should have fun with the storytelling.

Also America has some appreciation for good storytelling, but because art is subjective that’s different for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  6. artimus prime

artimus prime Collector of Multiple TF Lines

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Allspark studios, huh?... I guess The Hub doesn't sound as good.

7. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't be worse than having Lorenzo leading right?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    You're a glass half full kinda guy huh! ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    LOL famous last words.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Cyberverse seems to be going back to this mentality, though with the condition it's just modified G1 designs (which look amazing).

No, it actually is too big, because then it competes with itself. Case in point: Universe 2.0 (2008) pushed its Ratchet to the tail end of the line because Animated Ratchet had come out first and Hasbro didn't want people to get the two confused with each other.

I think sometimes people somehow forget that at the end of the day, all this media exists to do nothing but SELL TOYS.

Seriously, why are so many people surprised to learn AllSpark Pictures is a thing? It's existed for years! It's already even produced two films - the infamously bad Jem adaption and the MLP film in theaters right now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Because clearly the best time to start a studio dedicated to a specific brand is when it's already begun its decline at the box office...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think the idea of having your own studio is a bad idea, but it's an ideas vs execution type of situation. You need the right people who can make things work. And the wrong people not to get in the way.

Just a question - are there any Transformers fans here who have ever mistaken Brawl for Devastator? I couldn't believe the makers of an official Transformers movie managed to do that.

We need someone in charge of the Transformers movie franchise who's competent and genuinely understands and has a certain amount of respect for the source material. (I'm not saying they should go full G1, but they should at least realise that a Transformer named Hot Rod should have flames).

I do not believe that it is impossible to have a Transformers movie franchise about giant alien robots (that we recognise), explosions and good stories.

Well, I am looking forward to the Bumblebee movie.

• Like Like x 1
  13. reave

reave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a perfect time, in my opinion. Take back the property and course correct it before the whole thing crashes and burns. The first 3 movies were fine, but at this point Hasbro needs to rethink the whole movie universe.

• Like Like x 1
  14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    "Before"?

15. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean like when people kept mistaking the Age of Extinction Power Battlers for the Deluxes.

16. convoy84

convoy84 Fashion Police Recruit

News Credits:
    I disagree. Just like the Allspark was capable of taking normal objects and turning them into living Transformers, Allspark Pictures seeks to take any Hasbro property and bring it to life on a screen.

Yeah, we're not gonna get the Transformers version of Pagliacci or The Godfather, and we may have to go on and get used to that.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The problem with this theory is that we have seen periods where people would have said the same thing about other properties. If we had a time machine to go back to the 60's people would say there was no way that a Batman movie would ever be the sort of material that could contend for an Oscar. If you went back to the 1990's people would have said that Marvel comic book characters would never become a serious box office contender, some studios passed on the Marvel fire sale because they figured these things would never make money. Before Pixar no one thought hey an animated movie about toys is something critics would fall all over themselves to praise.

Is there something that would elevate Transformers in the eyes of both critics and the general public? At this point we really don't know because we've only gotten one version of the live action movies. Something has to try different things before you can say that the core concept is the whole problem. We need something radically different to compare these movies to or it would be like judging Marvel forever based on just the David Hasselhoff Nick Fury movie and the 1990 Captain America movie.

• Like Like x 3
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This. I mean just because the current TF movies may not execute certain ideas and elements of TFs being live action doesn't meant it never works at all. It'd be like saying that the first few flawed attempts of doing live action super hero movies prove that super heroes are never meant for live action.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

That was a line competing with itself because A) Power Battlers are stupid, and B)Age of Extinction packaging was fucking atrocious that everything looked the same.

The thing I was talking about I can actually provide a personal example: years ago, I was telling my mom about a figure named Thundercracker who was rare and particuarly valuable - Classics Thundercracker to be specific, as the Generations version had not come into existence.

What did I find under the Christmas tree that year among my presents? Animated Activators Thundercracker. My mom remembered my story and thought that was the toy I was talking about.

Or the original Judge Dredd film which is laughably stupid, compared to Dredd 3D which was a completely more appropriate take.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    I'd love to explain what you sound like in this post but it's probably against board rules. Nothing bad really, but when everyone online is overwhelmingly liberal to the point of (as an over the top example, maybe not, your mileage may vary) lobbying for a shit eating holiday to be imposed just to appease the four people in the world that like to eat shit, it's kind of hard to rationalize others opinions when only yours is correct.

People in this country DO in fact like good storytelling. Assuming something just because it's your opinion is the main thing wrong with people like you. I especially like how you use "forced to."

Maybe you should move on up to North Korea, see what all they force you to do there and how much good storytelling you get to enjoy. Or are FORCED to enjoy since that's your thing. Cuz it's cool when there aren't any options right?

• Like Like x 4