Greensboro NC TFW2005.com Meet-up

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Superquad7, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ok guys, as we've planned, we want to have a TFW2005 NC meet-up in Greensboro. I'll update this original post with the details as we decide upon them. To get an idea of how past meets have went, check this thread out.

Date: May 16th
    Time: 1 pm
    Location: Fuddruckers (just off the Wendover Ave. Exit on I-40)

Agenda:
    Lunch/Member Intros/Hangout
    Toy Hunt
    Swap Meet

Previously, we've discussed mid-May. Just a heads up, May for our family has 3 birthdays. I'll be coordinating this event with the family visit(s). My b-day [5th], Lisa's (my wife)b-day [29th], and Lisa's Dad's b-day [22nd] are all in May. The inlaws try to have one visit to have one bash. I'm unsure at this point what my parents are planning on doing, though they seem to be planning a visit around April. This simply means that the last two weekends in May are out. If something else changes, you guys will be the first to know.

In terms of location, we need a place conducive for hanging out, food that is of reasonable price (read: not too expensive), and a place that won't mind hosting us. The last two meets have been at Zaxby's, and they've been very gracious towards us. Our initial meet at Red Robin was cool too.

In terms of a schedule, while the toy hunt is still on our list of things to do, this depends on the retail stores in the area. I've some requests for us to reduce the number of stops/travel, so we can have more time to hang out.

We've also had a "swap meet" of sorts. Feel free to bring things you either want to sell/trade, or simply have fun trading. I've not said this before, but even though my trade items are limited, I know what I have and generally might would simply like to have a fun trade. Anyways, all of that is up to you guys who have things.

Well, here we go. Feel free to post. :) 

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  2. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Further narrowing what superquad7 has posted, we are looking at either May 9th or May 16th for a target date to meet-up. While it's open for any who want to attend (feel free to post what day you feel is better) our group has looked at the 16th to be the date of choice.

That being said, I'm looking forward to catching up with some more fans out that way. Of particular note to me are members simplygriff who says he has something for me, and kEVINUS prime whom we haven't seen since the first meeting. Guys, feel free to help us narrow down the date.

3. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

hey, i'm game for a greensboro get together and the 16th sounds fine.

4. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Excellent!!

One more thing to add here... we need the help of you who are local to the Greensboro area. Anything you all can do to help us find a suitable location to met would be greatly appreciated.

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    This would be correct.

6. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    May is when I start my daily trek from Garner to Greensboro, so I'm not sure if I'll be in the mood to drive that 6 days in one week, but since I'll have to be house hunting maybe I can kill two birds with one stone. Will have to see what happens with a phone call I have tomorrow about going to N.VA instead of Gboro before I start making plans.

7. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I'm good for the 16th, but not the 9th. I won't re-quote both SQ7 or Ken, but just some basic ideas. We want to get as many folks together as possible. Unlike any conventional conventions, this is just a chance for us to represent as a group of Transformer fans, show some support for what we all like about the characters/series/stories, and really just meet everyone because you never know how many people share your interests.

Unless this turns so big that we need absolute head counts, we won't start a Meetup on another site. This is a TFW2005 thing, so that means casual, relaxed and open to everyone's ideas.

With that said, we'll need a place to get everyone together as a group. Everyone likes a good burger/salad/etc.

Also, you actually don't have to have anything to trade, but someone else may have a few items they're looking to sell, so if you have some cash, you never know what you'll come up with.

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Well, the aim here is to get as many TFW2005.com members attending as possible. While I think it's pretty obvious that our meet-ups are conducive for welcoming people who aren't TFW2005.com members, the meets are geared towards those of us who are board members and who interact through the board.

Also, we don't need to use any other websites other than this board, especially since it's counterproductive to the activity of TFW2005.com. Rule #8 would also be in effect as well.

9. simplygriff

simplygriff µ - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    The 16th would definitely be better for me than the 9th. I'd have to work on the 9th. I'm still trying to think of somewhere to meet up. There's plenty on Wendover. Shopping wise there's a Target, a Wal-Mart and a K-Mart. within a block of each other. Food wise there's all kinds of stuff. What kind of price range are we thinking? There's anything from fast food to steakhouses. I'm gonna be honest though, I'm pretty picky when it comes to restaurants.
    -G

10. kEVINUS prime

kEVINUS prime Future Legend

There's a Buffalo Wild Wings down the street from the Target, Walmart, Kmart, and a short jump to TRU. Simplygriff and I met and traded there a few months ago. I think that would be a great site. Let me see what my son's baseball schedule looks like in the coming weeks.

11. simplygriff

simplygriff µ - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    That would probably be a good place though it's a fair distance from the shopping. But the food's good. :D  As long as we have cars it won't be a big deal cause it's a straight shot from the highway. On the same note, there's a Zaxby's in the same center as the Buffalo Wild Wings.
    -G

12. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Crap, i forgot that our prom is that day :banghead:  My woman is cool with tfs so maybe she'll want to come with and hang out before then.

13. ShadowDragon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Looks like I'll be house-hunting in that area soon, so I might be able to make it.

14. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll be out of town that weekend. I'll be in Los Angeles for my sister's photo show.

15. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I'll def. be able to make it.

16. kEVINUS prime

I'm wondering if we should back up our Greensboro meetup until Saturday the 30th which is the release date for the toys. Just a thought. It would make the shopping a lot more fun.

17. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    ^ Unfortunately, we're closing on a house the day before, so that would be a no go for me, and I believe SQ7 already has a lock on that date as well.

Depends on how many folks are coming. And can we confirm the address on the Buffalo Wild Wings?

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    You believe the truth. If the date doesn't work out for May, we can move it to June sometime. Otherwise, I'm pretty much locked in on the date that we have set.

19. ShadowDragon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Yeah, that would be good. There's one a few minutes away from where I now work every day, but I didn't see a Target or Walmart anywhere near there.

20. kEVINUS prime

The Buffalo Wild Wings is located at:

5836 Samet Drive
    Suite 115
    High Point, NC 27265

Most of you will be coming down (up?) I-40 and can exit Wendover Drive towards High Point. You will actually pass Target, Walmart, and Kmart before you get to Buffalo Wild Wings. It will be on the right side in the Palladium Shopping Center. It's located in the same strip mall as the Palladium Theaters. I'll post milage and landmarks next week.

If you PM me, I will send you my cell number. :)