Green Lantern The Animated Series

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Didn't see a thread for this yet, and while there's not much of anything to go off-of yet, I figured it was worth making anyways. It was recently pointed out to me that pictures of two prototypes for the inevitable GL:TAS toy-line had leaked out last October (source here).

While it seems that Mattel is currently denying that there is a GL:TAS toy-line in the works (link for anybody curious), the pictures prove otherwise. I'm thinking they're trying to keep everything hushed up and "secret" till they officially reveal the line.

Kilowog:
    [​IMG]

Zilius Zox:
    [​IMG]

Very little articulation, but with Mattel, it's not at all surprising. Personally I'm hoping they make some 6" scaled figures like they have been doing for Young Justice. If the 4" scaled figures come with any worthwhile accessories, like constructs or rings, I might get a couple of them. If nobody else, I'll probably at least get Zilius Zox just for the oddity of his design.

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    those look crappier than the movie figures

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally like the way they look, but I'm a bit biased, since they remind me of the old figures made by Kenner for Batman TAS. I also think that the movie figures have too much detail for their size, then again that's more to do with the movie's aesthetic than the toys themselves.

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    They look like Happy Meal toys.

5. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

No, they look exactly like the character models they're based on. The GL Movie Masters were mostly a misstep because Mattel mistakenly thought they could do a MM line as well as 4H. The 3.75" figures were actually very good sculpts with good detail, it was the limited articulation that was crappy.

And THAT is the problem with these new figures. Mattel just can't seem to get past the JLU aesthetic in this scale. Then again, there's a lot that Mattel just can't seem to get past.