Green Lantern Corps 34-warning spoilers

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Dragonwolf, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    Good book, slow at first.

I personally thought the fight between Mongul and Arkillo was way too short, and the ending to the fight was a WTF moment, but interesting.

the little bit between kyle and natu was nice, but the trouble to come will not be any fun.

The new Ions reaction was good in my opinion, saying the things he did, the justifiable hate for his people, but still going to help, taking Full responseability for not putting mongul down. but i think he needs to get more back up, unless we will finally see the full ION power.

I was put off with the charicterisation of kryb, has a caring and loving mother too the children, not just to instill fear.

and finally the RED lantern being released by scar to start the riots, and start the desent into the darkest night seemed poetic, just when you think you have all the advantages, and then betrayed by a guardian.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i liked this issue...very fun book. i think kryb is becoming a caring mother because of the love she is being forced into...and the release of the red lantern was just awesome...can't wait to see what happens next...

3. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

It was a good book. I actually kinda like Sodom Yat, even though I really hate his name.

I thought I was going to hate the Kyle-Natu relationship, but I think it could be good. It's nice to see them do something with her other than having her be a one dimensional doctor.

The one thing I hate about this book is that sometimes there are so many Lanterns that they don't get any real characterization. The female lanterns especially. They are usually so bland. I don't get why people like them so much.

4. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I've been getting GL for a couple months now but this was the first Corps book I've picked up. I have to say I really liked it. Nice to see Sodom Yat's reaction to what his own family did to him and his alien friend. Like the interaction between Kyle and Soranik. Next month should be really good to see how the Red Lantern is handled.

5. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    it will be real interesting to know if the red lantern will just go out to kill everyone, or work with the sinestro's to escape.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Another great issue. They bridge the regular GL book with this one and you can see everything starting to come together.

And the end of the fight was awesome.

I really think this is going much better than the GL title. It's better paced and seems to flow smoother. It doesn't feel rushed with things going on like GL does. I really think that this is the best title DC is putting out even if it wasn't attached to the GL banner.