Green Lantern 39 - Agent Orange (spoilers ahoy me matey)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    very cool...

so, this touches on something that definitely seemed appropriate.
    seems very much so like those taken by orange lose control of themselves and act merely based on the intentions of larfleeze. which makes sense, considering its greed. i always thought one orange lantern made sense...but its still a little ambiguous too, so maybe i'm wrong...

overall and awesome little setup issue to get things really rolling towards blackest night now...can't bloody wait...its gonna be awesome...

also, i think orange is my favorite corp...i've been having such a buildup to this color for awhile, and i dig it...alot

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I still want to know what the orange oath is. Johns hinted it was his favorite so far.

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very good issue. Not quite worth the wait, but that's more a case of the wait being too long than the issue being flawed. Liked Tan's artwork and the story made some good progression, bringing in a number of new plot points, revealing a few secrets and giving us hints into the direction of future storylines. I'm kind of disappointed that Atrocitus and the Red Lanterns dropped off the radar with only a slight mention, but there's only so much space in the book.

As far as the Orange Lanterns, no clear indication of their powers yet, except that they appear to be able to eat/consume some (all?) other rings and Larfleeze can project his power over vast distances (his projection to Oa). I'll speculate that those who seek out the Lantern get absorbed by the energy and some trace of their personality and sentience remains, but at the total command of Larfleeze. And, completely baseless speculation here, but what if Larfleeze actually
    is the "emotion beast" of avarice/orange, the equivalent of Ion and Parallax
    ? It would explain how he's been alive for (apparently) billions of years, why the Guardians made a deal with him rather than destroying him, seems to exist largely (solely?) as an orange construct and how he can control other beings.

I really feel bad for Stel, though. Poor guy finally manages to get his body rebuilt (off-panel) after the Sinestro Corps War and then gets immediately trashed by an Orange Lantern. Couldn't they find some other robotic GL to blow up?

Mine Mine Mine
    Mine Mine Mine
    Mine Mine Mine
    My Orange Lantern
    Mine

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i think that might be true too...especially with
    the big flying head thing swallowing people and 'storing' their essence

and as for stel, was he using the new philip tan design or an older design? i wasn't paying close attention to him...

also, look what i made!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

There was a villain in Samaurai Jack that used the souls of dead warriors as a personall army of his own. The warriors were indenpedt from each other, but at the same time, they were bound to the villain (canĀ“t remember his name tho). Maybe Agent Orange uses a similar kind of thing.