Greatest Transformer Movie off all time!?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Coolyfett, Jun 25, 2009.

?

After all is said and done what TF movie will Trump all?

1. TFM

42 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. TF1

22 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. TF2

27 vote(s)
    25.5%
  4. TF3

15 vote(s)
    14.2%
  1. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say they're all equal to each other.

2. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Transformers Revenge of the Fallen
    1. Transformers (2007)
    3. Transformers (1986)
    both live action movies are tied

3. inflataman

inflataman Member

News Credits:
    1. 2007 Transformers- man oh man this movie had a sense of wonder I hadn't seen in a movie since Jurassic Park. From the moment blackout took out that base I knew I was in for something special.

2. Revenge of the Fallen- It was good and funny but suffered from Pirates 2 syndrome (too long unnecessary scenes) not as good as the first IMO

3. Transformers The Movie 1986- The power ballads piss me off seriously that and wheelie was 5x as annoying as the Twins.

4. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

2007 Film - the only Transformers feature film that seemed like it was intended for 20-30 year olds.

ROTF - Kiddie film, but has good action.

1986 - Seen it for the first time a few days after the 2007 film (downloaded it). Nostalgia aside, in todays standards it's a big pile of crap.

5. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

1. ROTF: There were lots of bots and the film never felt boring in my opinion. Simmons had some nice character development, and I think he stole the film regarding all of the human characters. There was a very good Megs/Screamer relation (incredibly G1-esque) and Optimus Prime was kicking ass and taking names, with his death feeling very emotional for me. The humor wasn't as bad here as there was in the first, and I think it's overshadowed by the pros.

2. Time between the death of Prime and Unicron felt a bit bland, but all of the other parts were amazing in my opinion, particularly the battle on Autobot city.

3. Nice final battle, but the first half just felt too boring. It didn't pick up for me until Prime and the others arrived on earth. Also, aside from Prime and Bumblebee, none of the Transformers really spoke. I also didn't like the humor. For a fair number of parts it just didn't feel like a Transformers movie to me. It was still enjoyable, but I didn't think it was spectacular.

6. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

1.rotf 2.tf(2007) 3.1986 movie

7. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

The death of Optimus Prime in the '86 movie is probably one of the most important moments in cartoon history. I remember being 8 years old sitting next to my dad in the theater choking back tears as he turned gray.

Going back and re-watching it today, I don't get anywhere near that fist pumping grin "F*** YEAH" as the touch cues up, Prime Transforms and saves the day out of anything in the newer movies. The two Bay movies are just completely disposable.

8. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

can't say i have a favourite, but it would be something like this:

1. ? still to come?
    2.Transformers 1986

The other 2 are not near the top 100

9. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Revenge of the Fallen!!!!!!!!!

10. Matterzero

Matterzero Well-Known Member

1.ROTF-This is mostly because I haven't had this much fun watching a movie since Iron Man.
    2.Transformers (1986)-It's a classic with on of the best 80's soundtracks ever.
    3. Transformers (2007)-A great film that suffers from the its lack of robots until real the second hour of the film

11. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    86, 07, 09.

12. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer both of the live action movies to the crappy 1986 animated one.

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Revenge of the Fallen > Transformers (2007) > The Transformers the Movie (1986)

14. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

Mospeada, if you could give us a break down of your viewpoint?

15. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Greatest Movie (so Far) of the Transformer Universe? Hmm... Let's see here:
    1. TRANSFORMERS (2007)
    2. TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
    3. Transformers: The Movie (1986)

I honestly think both Live-Action Sequels are on the same level with each other, though the sequel does improve on things, there wasn't alot from the 2007 film that I had problems with. The 1986 Movie is still a great movie, especially since it introduced to my one my favorite Transformer characters (of all time), Hot Rod/Rodimus [Prime] and several others by default, and on its own, its a great movie, but compared to the recent carnations, its nowhere near as fantastic and awe inducing.

16. MugenAutobot

MugenAutobot Well-Known Member

blasphemy!

17. retro.obsessed

retro.obsessed Banned

1986 movie Parents and Grandparents toke their little children to watch a cartoon and what resulted was a Mascare of the original Autobots and death of Prime. Little kids where confused and cried later this movie. 1986 all the way

18. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

To some people the latest is always the best! I do not agree with that idea at all. Just because something came out in 2009 does not make it better than something in 2007.

I am actually starting to think TF1 is a lot better than TF2. They didn't overdue a lot of things you know? Bumblebee was a very good character in TF1, Prime got beat in TF1, he didn't beat Megatron. He somehow managed to beat him in TF2 though. I always look at movies with a "when the dust settles" type of view, meaning the latest is not always the best. I think all the reviews for TF2 were correct and when all said and done, it will eventually rank at the bottom of all list of TF films. TF3 is already better than it, and it is not even out yet.

19. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I don't think that's the case at all, hombre. I think some people really enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen more than did TRANSFORMERS and there's no crime in that at all.

Gosh, could it be because it was made without the request of Transformers Fans wanting more "Transformers and More Robots Fighting"? Granted it a simplication of an overall situation and factors, but you should get my point (I'm not counting on it though).

20. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

That hardly makes sense. How can a movie that has not even beginn be better?